What's putting a smile on your dial?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

This probably should be in the vent thread, though I laughed out loud when I saw this quality workmanship from the carpenter onsite today

That's 22mm of gap filler! ?? Seriously, how do these dodgy blokes get away with it? 

20180928_084259.jpg

WTF, suppsed he charged full price for the detail!,,

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

WTF, suppsed he charged full price for the detail!,,

Probably. He said over the phone the wall was out of level, yet I put my 2 metre level on the frame at the supervisors request, and surprise surprise its 20mm out of level! The wall is level, so I have no idea why he did it. That's just the start of the chippys problems!

All the rooms and hallways in the big two storey house has had skirtings installed by his 2nd fix guys, yet as its having floating floors in every room except for the tiled entry (where I took the pic above) the client stipulated she doesnt want any scotia/quarter round/ quad installed. The painters have painted all of it and one a nice job, yet it all has to come out, as does the 5 sliding robes with internals, big walk in robe and 3 loads of pantry shelving I've done over 3 days. Guess who is paying for that to be pulled out and reinstalled! Handover was supposed to be next Thursday. Guess that ain't gunna happen now :D

I've been using michelin energy xm2 on my corolla for a couple of years now. 175/65/14

Every time I have to rely on them they just blow me away. Dry awesome,  wet even better. Wear is great as well.

Had a numpty encounter on a slightly wet road this arv which reminded again. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love , some For Sale threads and their admins, whilst I was cruising the inter web, love the last one

Got a chance of buying a 1956 lambretta 125cc wots the top speed?

Dave Heymans Depends how fast the transit van can go that you collect it in 
Jason East Depending on how quickly you can push it
Tony Wickenden A little bit slower than this post disappears from this page - it is a SELLING page - not a fucking chat forum ( as per the rules you agreed to when you joined )

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Gotta love , some For Sale threads and their admins, whilst I was cruising the inter web, love the last one

Got a chance of buying a 1956 lambretta 125cc wots the top speed?

Dave Heymans Depends how fast the transit van can go that you collect it in 
Jason East Depending on how quickly you can push it
Tony Wickenden A little bit slower than this post disappears from this page - it is a SELLING page - not a fucking chat forum ( as per the rules you agreed to when you joined )

Harsh much? Scheesh...

Tony hope you never make a mistake... ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, LeeM said:

Finally got my SC on club rego after joining the Porsche club. Not only saving nearly $700/year on rego costs, I rang Shannon's today and my premium is now halved as is any future claim excess. Cheers Shannon's! 👍

It took 9 years to convert my SC from daily (which it ceased to be after the first 3 years) to club rego. Mind you , club rego doesn't really require a club here. True club rego is really cheap (classed as VC). Something like 12 events  a year as opposed to 104 days usage. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thumperson said:

Bought the son his first car. He has just turned 15 so will be driving in sept here in the ACT. I might have to put it on the track a few times between now and then, just to make sure all is working as intended! A lot of car, Megan RS 265 Trophy 8:08, for not much money!

That's a serious bit of kit for 15 yo. Hope he's got some experience already before letting him loose.

11 hours ago, Airhead said:

That's a serious bit of kit for 15 yo. Hope he's got some experience already before letting him loose.

Yes Airhead. Absolutely will get experience and at the first sign of not respecting the car he won’t get it and I will keep it for myself. My theory is that yes it’s a performance car but it goes, stops, changes direction extremely well and has modern safety systems. 

http://www.roadready.act.gov.au/c/roadready?a=sp&pid=1098839493 is what they do here. It is a school based program in Grade 10 and then they can’t get their P until 17. Motorkhana is in his future and also advanced driver training. 

I've been putting off adressing my HL interest rate for a while. Waliking by a credit union a few weeks before xmas i see 3.87% on a board outside. I go in. Yes that's  applicable to your circumstances and we have no yearly fees. Ok so i put it off again thinking of the hassle of refinancing in this current climate.

So i ring commbank today as they have increased the rate again. Bla bla bla, yes well I'll  submit your request if you'll just hold approximately 4 to 5 min. Ok. 3 min later yes we will discount your rate .25%. That's nice but not as good as the CU. Ok I'll escalate your request for a further .05% to match that. Ok I'll hold. 6 min later. It will have to be reviewed by someone but you will receive an sms to let you know in 24 to 48 hrs plus the public holiday. Well if they don't match it I'm moving. Ok I'll be sure to pass that on. I also have plenty of equity mate so refinancing will be easy. Yes I'll pass that on. 😉

I thought I'd get, yes I'm  sorry sir. Since financing a mortgage has been made harder.

Update. My request has been approved. 

Prepare to be on hold though, they're  busy. 😃

How close to the 3.75% did you get?

I am very very tired of the fees I pay to banks.  $300 / yr to have a credit card?  Are you kidding me?  $10/mo 'account fees' on a business bank account?  

As I am in the U.S. at the moment I get bank account, credit card, loans and more.  The only way I can pay a fee is if I overdraw account or use one of those dodgy ATMs.  Otherwise I pay NADA.   Why do Australian banks charge all these fricken fees?  

Sorry i know not the vent thread.  I guess I should spend some time on hold.

I got 3.87% but i pay $392/ yr for a "relationship ". Which gives me zero cost redraw, mcard, eftpos, and as the team member reminded me yesterday this facility of reviewing my terms. I asked for a 1% discount on application as it was a loan anyone would love to have. 

I guess what i discovered mostly was it seemed automated for the the first offered discount, it took 3 min. The last time i asked for a further discount took 5 days. Easier because of the rush?

The brief talk i had with the CU made me aware of the strength of my position.

3 hours ago, donR said:

I assume that 3.87% with CBA is for principal + interest. Good info to know.

We're up to 3.97% for pinc + interest with CBA but 4.99% on our interest only loans. I might as well try and ask for a 0.1 discount!

Yes, principal  + interest. Variable 

Instead of clogging up the Hangar Banger thread, I'll post here and excuse my excited dribble.

What a weekend!! Just got home after the 8 hour drive (sans any dirt roads, weird hillbillies and trusting a GPS) and I have a huge smile on my face from what I experienced over two days. First up, my 911. I've had a problem with the fuel relay lately, and thanks to Buik Motorworks and @Stew F we changed the plug, but I still had an intermittent non start problem. Anyway, I was apprehensive about driving over to Victoria for Hangar Banger, but had to at least have a go and was waiting for something to go wrong. Not a damn thing happened and the car was singing there and back. In a nutshell, I love my car.

Now...Hangar Banger 2! 

As I mentioned in that thread, gobsmacked is an understatement. Not only the amazing variety of cars in attendance, but the people I got to meet for the first time and to catch up with again who made me feel welcome. To everyone who came up to say gday for the first time, I probably looked like an empty faced twat not knowing who you were or forgot/didnt know your PFA name, and no doubt just forgot your real name within 10 minutes (I met a shitload of people) I'll say sorry here, yet it was fantastic to finally meet you in person. Its not true what people say about Victorians, you're alright by me 😁

I'm the sorta bloke who gets overly excited by things that I'm passionate about, and outwardly express my feelings probably too much to other people in public which makes this 53 year old look like a kid, yet the 'show' was awe inspiring to see the cars in person that I have lusted over online for a few years, and I really was beside myself looking at every car with mine not too far away from them.

Bravo to all who put in the time and effort into putting on HB2 (you know who you are) and thank you very much for making me feel welcome. I'd also like to thank @symsy for booking the accomodation, and Dougie for waking me up when I didn't hear my alarms far too early at 4.20am! Sorry Doug 🙄

Seeya over there again during the year sometime, and hope some of you can come over for the Mexican Invasion in the near future

Cheers all

Lee