What's putting a smile on your dial?

Purchased a very expensive new rifle (Accuracy International AXMC) to take with me on a 3 day long range training course stepping out to 1 mile / 1630mtrs with the 3rd day having a strong focus on reading and evaluating wind. I kinda put myself in a hard position by doing so as there was just 4 weeks between getting it and attending the course. This left me very little time for load dev, getting a new heavy contour 6.5 barrel spun up for it or even simply sighting it in. I ended up literally having traveling to a property in the Vic boarder then 1 week later traveling to another property on the QLD boarder in order to get enough data to make up the 400rnds I needed for the course.

Anyway much klms later and many hours making rounds in the kitchen like a kid doing his homework I got it all done. Loads came out with single digit standard deviation and extreme spread. More work to be done in that field yet.  

Come the weekend of the course my hard work paid off with the rifle preforming faultlessly and is an amazing bit of kit. When you can shoot groups at 1,000mtrs things are going ok. Hitting steel at 1 mile was always going to be a challenge with some strong winds in play but it was damn fun none the less. In the end is was worth all the time and effort.

36 minutes ago, tomo said:

1e946bc9581b640e5d2eccb5bdadf229.jpg

double entendre at it's best 🙂  (Took me a couple of secs to work out the bowling ball return machine).  I'm sure they wouldn;t get away with that advert today, but they probably wouldn't get away with Seaman Stains on Captain Pugwash either......