What's putting a smile on your dial?

12 minutes ago, 3legs said:

One of my all time favourite shows.

PC, woke idiots would be frothing at the mouth if that was on TV now.

They've tried to ban it from tv a few times. S'pose its overdue for another round of the PC brigade to crank up the protests

25 minutes ago, 3legs said:

One of my all time favourite shows.

PC, woke idiots would be frothing at the mouth if that was on TV now.

Mmm, can't say I ever found it to be funny at all, so I never watched it.....

Then again, about the only really funny US show for me was Big Bang Theory, not nearly as old as All In The Family or whatever it was called 🙂 

A smile a mile wide being at Mallala historic racing today. Who needs The Bend when you have this place!? 

No question about it, The Bend is a world class venue, yet it has the soul of an empty carpark! I've been there 3 or 4 times now, and every time you can't even buy a sandwich without having to be told you have to leave the circuit and go to the local servo (also owned by the circuit owners). For those who drive there it is probably a demanding track and fun to drive on, yet as a spectator it isn't that interesting, so for me to head back there again will have to have something very, very special to be on. 

Mallala however is an old school old venue that has much better spectator viewing and up close action, gravel and grass carpark and pits, sheds all over the place for the competitors, onsite food and drink facilities and more soul than The Bend will ever possess. The owners (who also own The Bend) really should do a Goodwood style thing there with period signage and embrace yesteryear (I'd heard a rumour they were going to do that), yet even as it is now its a cool place to be and a great day with a good crowd able to wall around checking out all the old race cars and see the smiles on the competitors faces. Historic racing absolutely shits on modern racing for spectacle and better racing