What's putting a smile on your dial?

1 hour ago, Raven said:

AUSTRALIAN-BEER-MAP-FUNNY-CAR-STICKER-_-WINDOW-STICKER-MANCAVE-SIGN_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Geez whoever designed that MAP really don't know their beers. They have the SA beers in WA and the WA beers in SA. Most of it is wrong but that's just me being pedantic :) I mean who the hell drinks Fosters anywhere in Australia :) 

5 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Geez whoever designed that MAP really don't know their beers. They have the SA beers in WA and the WA beers in SA. Most of it is wrong but that's just me being pedantic :) I mean who the hell drinks Fosters anywhere in Australia :) 

And Boags, not Cascade for Tassie 😉 

46 minutes ago, Niko said:

Thanks mate.

ThankYOU mate. Look at you there a strapping young whippersnapper. 12 month adventure when you look back but a bloody dangerous one, I'm glad you made it home. Takes my mind to the great Aussie movie Danger Close, talk about digging in and looking after your mates when faced by the ultimate adversity. Up here, looking for a shortcut from Currimbin to NSW, I actually stumbled across a little gem of a place Long Tan Park, a peaceful memorial reserve. So surprising in a little hill climb of a road right alongside the beautiful big creek. Anyway, thanks mate and cheers to a long life

16 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

ThankYOU mate. Look at you there a strapping young whippersnapper. 12 month adventure when you look back but a bloody dangerous one, I'm glad you made it home. Takes my mind to the great Aussie movie Danger Close, talk about digging in and looking after your mates when faced by the ultimate adversity. Up here, looking for a shortcut from Currimbin to NSW, I actually stumbled across a little gem of a place Long Tan Park, a peaceful memorial reserve. So surprising in a little hill climb of a road right alongside the beautiful big creek. Anyway, thanks mate and cheers to a long life

Thanks mate, I appreciate those comments.I have nothing but respect and awe of the Long Tan and the other infantry Battalions that served over there, they really did the hard yards.

Currumbin one of my favourite places, did an Anzac Day there a few years ago, fantastic dawn service.    Drive Safe.

9 minutes ago, Niko said:

Thanks mate, I appreciate those comments.I have nothing but respect and awe of the Long Tan and the other infantry Battalions that served over there, they really did the hard yards.

Currumbin one of my favourite places, did an Anzac Day there a few years ago, fantastic dawn service.    Drive Safe.

Pity that these long  wars, short wars and battles will always happen, it's the way of the world. Glad we live in what is still a utopia compared to so so many countries and regions.

Elephant Rock huh! Southern end of the Gold Coast is the real paradise

Never forget the first time I tried Boags. I went to a mates wedding in Mole Creek ( Tas ) in 1983. Got there Friday night ( I was living in Brisbane in those days ) and the first thing my mate handed me was a stubby of Boags. Took one mouthful, spat it out and drank anything BUT Boags for the next couple of days. 

Absolute horrid shit back then however they must have got the message as it's not a bad drop these days although that could be because my taste buds were fried that night :) 

33 minutes ago, 3legs said:

the first thing my mate handed me was a stubby of Boags. Took one mouthful, spat it out and drank anything BUT Boags for the next couple of days. 

Absolute horrid shit back then however they must have got the message

Nope, you're spot on, just like Coopers pale ale...I'd rather drink creek water

9 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nope, you're spot on, just like Coopers pale ale...I'd rather drink creek water

Got to admit, personally I don't drink much Boags either, but they do have a Tassie only King George that's very good.  I'm usually A Pale Ale drinker, and reckon the Coopers Pale is great (sorry Lee), as is the Yaks and, I must admit, even the Cascade Pale is OK.  But, as they say, there's no accounting for taste........ 🙂 

33 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Got to admit, personally I don't drink much Boags either, but they do have a Tassie only King George that's very good.  I'm usually A Pale Ale drinker, and reckon the Coopers Pale is great (sorry Lee), as is the Yaks and, I must admit, even the Cascade Pale is OK.  But, as they say, there's no accounting for taste........ 🙂 

Only 1 beer you Blokes Carlton Draught 

😎 Back in the day,  Its old fellas plonk these days, :)

5 hours ago, 3legs said:

Is this a map of the worst beers ?

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'm usually A Pale Ale drinker, and reckon the Coopers Pale is great (sorry Lee)

That gives me a massive headache after 2, yet for some weird reason I get punchy on most full strength beers...and red wine...and white wine...and.......

More than 3 or 4 and I'll take on Mike Tyson, so I'll only have one or two drinks nowadays

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That gives me a massive headache after 2, yet for some weird reason I get punchy on most full strength beers...and red wine...and white wine...and.......

More than 3 or 4 and I'll take on Mike Tyson, so I'll only have one or two drinks nowadays

Sensible man.....

36 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sensible man.....

Steady on Pete 😅

Nah, I know what the deal is, so I only drink light beer or scotch which doesn't have the same effect on me, though even that is pretty rare now