What's putting a smile on your dial?

• 4 months later...

I was wondering if there was a thread like this too!

My smile:

I quit my job on Thursday after my old boss tracked me down and offered me a considerable pay bump. Woo!

Also, a mate and I are kicking off a new business venture that's looking exciting. A good new experience at least...

Life in general. 

My wife is feeling as OK as she probably can after her chemo treatment last week. She's happy so that makes me happy. 

My daughter got married on Christmas eve in Venice. She's happy so that makes me happy. 

My son just started his new job the other week and he loves it.  He's happy so that makes me happy. 

I have plenty of work. I'm happy.  

The dog is doing well at puppy school. That makes me happy. 

We have wine, cheese, a great family and a Porsche. That makes us happy. 

Everyone is happy.  How could I do anything but smile?

I could do with losing a few kilos though.  Not real happy with that.  :(

That is true re the not dieting thing.

I thought of a few things that amuse me lately

My brother is putting in a big shed with a hoist and lives a 45 min drive away!   I can benefit from this.

And there's been a bit of talk about a home upgrade for us, which I'm secretly looking at homes with more garage space :)

I've not put on the weight I lost in Phuket.

And I need to find a new place to train near home  now.  I have an awesome gym I go to, but I'd really like to do some strength and conditioning group training.  Not Crossfit tho. Go see my VENT about that I'll be writing shortly.

I've found a great job to apply for. Hopefully that doesn't turn into a VENT!

My Dad is getting his other eye fixed on Wednesday.  He had cataracts in both eyes and this resulted in some of the worst handyman work I've ever seen and a car that is always partially clean and partially filthy as he's not been able to see what he's doing - funny!   He had one eye fixed and he's been wandering around seeing things he's done going 'oh I stuffed that up geez'  and I see what you mean about the car - I've wrecked it!

2 year old LCD TV developed a black line right thru the middle of the display today.  Naturally it's out of warranty.   Google search suggested a loose edge connector.  The smile arrived after I applied a bit of old school fix-it technology.  Bump, thump, shake, squeeze...problem gone.   :)

2 year old LCD TV developed a black line right thru the middle of the display today.  Naturally it's out of warranty.   Google search suggested a loose edge connector.  The smile arrived after I applied a bit of old school fix-it technology.  Bump, thump, shake, squeeze...problem gone.   :)

I thought your smile may have been due to 'time for a new tv' which means a bigger better one!

• 2 weeks later...

reading that put a smile on mine!

+1

Booked our flights to Vietnam last night.. I cannot wait! I have wanted to go for a long time and its been a long time between holidays!

You will love the place Edgy. Been there 5 times.

First time was an all expenses paid by the government 12 months. (1970-71)

After that I said I never wanted to see the place again.

Then after a big night on the turps back in 1999 I was talked into going back with some Vietnamese friends.

Since then have been back with my wife 3 times from 2010 and reckon we are due to head back again.

Great people and hard to beat the hustle the bustle, the smells, the chaotic traffic etc etc.

I love the people and the place.

Feel free to PM if your looking for any info, I think we have been to most of the places including the islands.

Have fun. I'm envious.

29th wedding anniversary today. Lunch at Sandringham Yacht club to celebrate on a sunny beautiful day. Perfect :)

desismileys_2593.gif

Congratulations to the both of you...great effort. :D

29 years...you wouldn't get that for murder :o       (sorry oldie but a goodie)