What's putting a smile on your dial?

On 27/12/2017 at 10:07 PM, TwoHeadsTas said:

Got the Lego GT3RS for my birthday / Christmas.  All 2700 parts of it.  About 15 hours in, probably 75% complete at this stage....

15 hours!

I'm going to need more hours than I had envisaged. But I have 3 adult sons , all very experienced in the Lego dept!

1 minute ago, tazzieman said:

15 hours!

I'm going to need more hours than I had envisaged. But I have 3 adult sons , all very experienced in the Lego dept!

Yep, probably 18 hours all up:rolleyes:

Been trawling the interweb and those friendly Trademark / Design copiers from that little country starting with C have a "Lego compatible" copy available for about 1/2 price, and you can spend another $50 or so for LED lights etc, and even radio control it.  

Don't think I'll go that far.....

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Been trawling the interweb and those friendly Trademark / Design copiers from that little country starting with C have a "Lego compatible" copy available for about 1/2 price, and you can spend another $50 or so for LED lights etc, and even radio control it.  

A Porsche with electronic controls?  What has the world come to?

I got a call from Craig at Buik Motorworks to say there was a present for me. Couldn't remember if I'd ordered something, so it was a nice surprise when these pics and certificate of authenticity for my old 912 was handed to me. Seems the new owner had ordered one on my behalf, and had some prints made up for me. There are some good people in this world. Humbled

20171227_154409.jpg

• 2 months later...

Weeeell, the Mrs had a drive of the Turbo today, after all it’s her car anyway. She started off pretty nervous, then the horns came out big time. God I thought I was a boost addict, she repeatedly smashed second into third at full boost up to 100 kmh in a 100kmh Zone of course. Got to love a woman who can drive a stick :ph34r:.

She then proceeds to tell me her dream car is a 928S, this woman is full of surprises.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:56 PM, Fraz said:

Weeeell, the Mrs had a drive of the Turbo today, after all it’s her car anyway. She started off pretty nervous, then the horns came out big time. God I thought I was a boost addict, she repeatedly smashed second into third at full boost up to 100 kmh in a 100kmh Zone of course. Got to love a woman who can drive a stick :ph34r:.

She then proceeds to tell me her dream car is a 928S, this woman is full of surprises.

She got a sister?

11 hours ago, Airhead said:

She got a sister?

@GUT quick smash @Fraz up for a deal , his Mrs I believe has a hold of his gearstick, testicles and wallet , very good bargaining position one would say and he has a garage spot cos my cars are outta the way , so dont take any shit from him ;)   Premium dollar available , you are the only bloke I know with a GTS

On 3/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, KGB said:

Wait until she finds out what a 928GTS is! ?

2 hours ago, symsy said:

@GUT quick smash @Fraz up for a deal , his Mrs I believe has a hold of his gearstick, testicles and wallet , very good bargaining position one would say and he has a garage spot cos my cars are outta the way , so dont take any shit from him ;)   Premium dollar available , you are the only bloke I know with a GTS

Good Friday I've gone to Kingscliff to pick up my daughter. We meet at the woolys car park and am waiting for the other girls dad to turn up before I leave.

I'm parked outside the main door to the shopping centre. Amusing to see how many people turn up thinking they are open. Many walk up to the door and realize it's not open then turn to walk away then turn back to check again.

Humans ???

• 2 weeks later...

What a great F1 race, great drive, great team strategy, and a little thank you for the safety car.;)

But the smile came on my face when DR walks back into the room for weighing etc and the other two (BOTTAS & RAIKKONEN) looked like they had pooed their pants.:angry:

Looked like they had just lost their life's savings.:blink: 

No smiles, or congratulations to DR.   What a pair of sooks.:(:(  

The DR smile was fantastic.:D   

I guess both BOTTAS and RAIKKONEN are probably a bit worried that DR might take over their drives soon.:Sweating:

What a great representative for Australia and F1.:CoolDance:

And the shoey on the podium topped it off......:Passusabeer:

On 15/04/2018 at 7:06 PM, Niko said:

What a great F1 race, great drive, great team strategy, and a little thank you for the safety car.;)

But the smile came on my face when DR walks back into the room for weighing etc and the other two (BOTTAS & RAIKKONEN) looked like they had pooed their pants.:angry:

Looked like they had just lost their life's savings.:blink: 

No smiles, or congratulations to DR.   What a pair of sooks.:(:(  

The DR smile was fantastic.:D   

I guess both BOTTAS and RAIKKONEN are probably a bit worried that DR might take over their drives soon.:Sweating:

What a great representative for Australia and F1.:CoolDance:

And the shoey on the podium topped it off......:Passusabeer:

Just home from Hong Kong this morn and had avoided all news on qualifying and the race. Eagerly plonked on the couch, remote in hand and played the recording. what a fantastic win! Couldn't see anything like that eventuating with Vettel running away with it halfway .. If Max hadn't had the red mist descend once again and not Verstappened Vettel he would've come in 2nd for a Red Bull double. Great effort by the team  and strategies and DR, well what a master. Put him in either a Fezza or Merc and he'd be winning more than he loses