What's putting a smile on your dial?

Bottas and Hamilton aint going anywhere. Would love to see him in a red car but not much chance of that unless Kimi's ready to walk or costs too much and DR:D takes a pay cut - I'm sure he'd drive for costs only to get into a top 2 competitive team! Given a fair chance and fair luck he'd be a shoey for the title:D

3 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Bottas and Hamilton aint going anywhere. Would love to see him in a red car but not much chance of that unless Kimi's ready to walk or costs too much and DR:D takes a pay cut - I'm sure he'd drive for costs only to get into a top 2 competitive team! Given a fair chance and fair luck he'd be a shoey for the title:D

Red Bull are getting closer and they have recent history of making a very good F1 car, they may be the team next year to beat?

I hope Dan does not make the same mistake that Webber made and jump into the wrong team at the wrong time (Webber passed up a Renault offer to go to Williams....!)

2 minutes ago, ANF said:

Red Bull are getting closer and they have recent history of making a very good F1 car, they may be the team next year to beat?

I hope Dan does not make the same mistake that Webber made and jump into the wrong team at the wrong time (Webber passed up a Renault offer to go to Williams....!)

Yep it's always a gamble either way and If Redbull could get some more speed and total reliability he'd be in a good place. Now if Porsche were to enter a team with Dan at the top helm that would be something!

You rarely see a poor ex Fezza driver , I think he will be ok either way , the mans got talent and probably on some levels is fresh enough and in some ways I view him as a chilled out dude that surfs the politics and doesnt take the corporate aspect too serious.  I think of him a bit like in the motorcycle game Rossi was or has been .. jumps around and just shows regardless of kit he can cause chaos. 

1 hour ago, symsy said:

You rarely see a poor ex Fezza driver , I think he will be ok either way , the mans got talent and probably on some levels is fresh enough and in some ways I view him as a chilled out dude that surfs the politics and doesnt take the corporate aspect too serious.  I think of him a bit like in the motorcycle game Rossi was or has been .. jumps around and just shows regardless of kit he can cause chaos. 

51 minutes ago, LeeM said:

As Dan said when he was asked why he smiles all the time  'I get to race in Formula 1 with the best drivers in the world, why have an attitude?' 

3 quarters of the F1 field could learn a lot from him

Well said on both counts, good summary of our Dan.

38 minutes ago, Niko said:

interesting...DR also comes across as a loyal bloke....and RB are coming good.....sorta.    

but ...I hope he does jump ship if Ferrari  offer him a seat.

All agreed Niko. In the next few years RB will favour Max as the number 1 and now's the time to jump across and unsettle Vettel and pick up a title.. best chance for :D atm.

Put the cayman in for a service and new fronts yesterday at a porsche centre that will remain nameless. Went to pick up the car, discussed the couple of extra things I had wanted done. Young man behind the computer says that will be $1100 sir. I look at him weirdly and say that seems a bit cheap. Much service guy consternation and a little bit of time passing,  Turns out they didn't actually service the car! Lol.

New tyres are nice though. 

I'm at 59 deg latitude north on the Orkney Islands. If you look one way you can almost see the north pole. The horizon is angled but that's the beer!

lflBrUa.jpg

If you turn 180 deg you can see the local Arthur Daley

mSjfjML.jpg

YScArHN.jpg

There is an Orkney vintage vehicle/machinery society apparently. The odds of seeing a Porsche here are minimal but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

4 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

I'm at 59 deg latitude north on the Orkney Islands. If you look one way you can almost see the north pole. The horizon is angled but that's the beer!

At 7 o'clock in the morning! Must have been a bender!! Or an early start :P

22 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

lflBrUa.jpg

If you turn 180 deg you can see the local Arthur Daley

mSjfjML.jpg

YScArHN.jpg

There is an Orkney vintage vehicle/machinery society apparently. The odds of seeing a Porsche here are minimal but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Knowing the U.K I bet its warm, car hire place looks interesting.Enjoy your trip I'm guessing you'll find the orkneys very scenic maybe a little like home?

31 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Knowing the U.K I bet its warm, car hire place looks interesting.Enjoy your trip I'm guessing you'll find the orkneys very scenic maybe a little like home?

Actually today is going to be a record May heat day for parts of Britain. But not up here , around 10C, not far off some autumn Tassy days.
Yes it's very reminiscent of home (Scotland in general).
I have my own home built stone circle (as ANF will confirm) but it lacks the scale, majesty & mystery of this one!
itzDZdq.jpg

Soon we are off to visit a vaulted tomb Maes Howe,  that predates the pyramids. The Orkneys were the neolithic capital of Europe; it was a bit warmer back then.
I suffer the curse of megalithomania,  but it takes me to some interesting spots , with few tourists ?

Saw a bloke in a Boxster at the lights yesterday at around 7am with the top down. It was pretty nippy, and I thought his bald head would be rather frozen, but then it absolutely hammered with rain, and I swear he mouthed the F word and just sat there getting soaked ?? Hope he had a change of clothes at the salon ?

20 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Saw a bloke in a Boxster at the lights yesterday at around 7am with the top down. It was pretty nippy, and I thought his bald head would be rather frozen, but then it absolutely hammered with rain, and I swear he mouthed the F word and just sat there getting soaked ?? Hope he had a change of clothes at the salon ?

he obviously forgot how quick the roof goes up.....?

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

he obviously forgot how quick the roof goes up.....?

I was going to ask if it's electric or a hand.....job ? Maybe it's buggered and he thought it wasn't going to rain.  Oops! Was funny to see though 

We had a glorious sunny day driving down from Fort William to Stirling. Harry Potter steam train trip up there , the famous castle down here and can see the large hilltop William Wallace monument from our B&B.
The Skyfall road side trip was well worth it , even though it is a remote one car width lane (with some passing bays). Her indoors had to be cajoled to even do the little bit of off piste , but held my camera for the clip below . She has the Bond themed one on her phone. So sit back and enjoy the best of Scottish scenery , to the tune of the Italian Job! (I had sneakily planned this with Spotify).

Also , to wash down the pizza in the little town 20mins walk from our B&B
nrT81RD.jpg