What's putting a smile on your dial?

10 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Just drove a 964 Turbo replica.

I'm not sure whether to smile or cry knowing I'll never own a car such as that. Holyyyy shiiiit! 😳

Mental...utterly mental, and to anyone who owns a 911 with that kind of power, I hate you! 

Nice . You have met my friend Mark with the 964 Turbo replica really quick cars .

Where was this car ? 

Gobsmacked @TINGY996

I've always thought these big hp cars are a bit of a waste, yet after driving this thing and having it wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd with ease at maybe 3/4 throttle and still more power to come, I get it now. The last time I felt anything like it was riding a Turbo'd 250hp Suzuki Hayabusa, yet this thing would give it a run for its money I reckon. Completely bonkers car which to me would be too much in the hills...maybe  😁

It's not my thing but i get it, speed is addictive especially if you love cars or bikes, add to that, boost is an addiction.

They are only as fast as you push the go pedal really. My son's car is only a straight line car though not circuit, 9.86 sec quarter mile.

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

I can just hear Lee's missus saying "No you can't turbo your 911" 🤣

Well she didnt ACTUALLY say no, but "Don't be a dickhead" and a roll of the eyes was enough of a hint mate. I wouldnt do it anyway, yet as Tingy mentioned above, boost is addictive 

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Well she didnt ACTUALLY say no, but "Don't be a dickhead" and a roll of the eyes was enough of a hint mate. I wouldnt do it anyway, yet as Tingy mentioned above, boost is addictive 

Yes boost is very addictive. Sometimes wish I never sold my 930 but at least I still have my licence (thankfully never got caught "testing" the boost gauge out).

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Just drove a 964 Turbo replica.

I'm not sure whether to smile or cry knowing I'll never own a car such as that. Holyyyy shiiiit! 😳

Mental...utterly mental, and to anyone who owns a 911 with that kind of power, I hate you! 

First time driving one of these is definitely an eye opening experience.  Getting back in your own non-turbo car is sobering. 

22 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Just been to some friends place, drank some grog, ate some pizza, played some pool, laughed a lot, how good is life:D

How good was this weekend. Some relaxation of covid we had dinner at friends last night, drove the SC to coffee with mates today, hosted friends tonight and see family for a birthday tomorrow. Is this the new normal? I'm lovin it 

6 minutes ago, Tips said:

How good was this weekend. Some relaxation of covid we had dinner at friends last night, drove the SC to coffee with mates today, hosted friends tonight and see family for a birthday tomorrow. Is this the new normal? I'm lovin it 

Small steps mate, it is nice to catch up though...

Can't wait to give my grandkids a big hug though, hanging out for that.

19 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Just been to some friends place, drank some grog, ate some pizza, played some pool, laughed a lot, how good is life:D

18 hours ago, Tips said:

Loving living in Vic right now  :(

31 minutes ago, deano said:

16 more cases in Vic, we aint gonna get beer and pizza parties till 2037 at this stage.... ☹️ 

None for 3 days down here, things might be looking up for us 🙂 

But in any case I feel that the GT3 needs exercising again for an essential trip to work on Tuesday.  Spent today giving a coat of Maguiars NXT Polymer Coating today, should make it much easier to wash the road grime off now, Ceramic coating on the wheels next weekend.....

43 minutes ago, deano said:

16 more cases in Vic, we aint gonna get beer and pizza parties till 2037 at this stage.... ☹️ 

Nah nah nah Deano it's not that bad. Shutdown will end November 2022 when Nan Andrews gets kicked out of power - he's trying to win the internet

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Nah nah nah Deano it's not that bad. Shutdown will end November 2022 when Nan Andrews gets kicked out of power - he's trying to win the internet

He seems to be a bit of a dick.

No cases for 10 days here in SA. Time to put the car on trickle charge I s'pose 

yeah,nah. I get to drive the Pcar everyday, it's the boat I'm missing.

By Nov 2022, I'll have forgotten where its moored.

Sux when every state has different regs.

First world prob's I know.

I might get a smile later this week if I can find someone who wants an order for the new Macan though.

15 hours ago, LeeM said:

He seems to be a bit of a dick.

No cases for 10 days here in SA. Time to put the car on trickle charge I s'pose 

Actually I think that most people in Vic think Dan has done a great job and is still doing a great job.  Saw that his approval rating is at 72%.  That number is higher than any other leader in Australia, past and present, for quite some time.  And for the record I voted for the other side and even I feel he is doing a great job.  Libs will be on the back bench for a while I think.