My new ride

raafrebel

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, another thing about this cars "unique History"

The guys wife rang me today and said that this exact car was used in a movie and jacki Chan drove it! So , for all u Jacki Chan fans, if you have seen a red convertable in any of his movies , please let me know.

Now you guys are really going to take the piss out of me........

Contact Porsche Cars Australia on 03 9473 0911 and ask for Jason Pascoe he looks after all the enquiries for certificates of authenticity or email him on jason.pascoe@porsche.com.au (If he's no longer there just ask for whom to speak to about getting a certificate of Authenticity)

You need to send him the Vin # and Engine # and ask him if the car was Australian delivered and if so what the exact specifications were and ask him to send them to you, he may not if you don't have the info below but he will still probably be happy to tell you if it was Australian delivered and the specs

If you can get a scan of the rego then you can request a certificate of authenticity to be sent that will have all the original vehicle details and options.

Until you get this info I wouldn't take any other form of proof that the car was Australian Delivered.

When I got my certificate of authenticity I think the rego papers were to help prove I owned the car, Not sure how you'll go getting one in someone else's name.

Thanks for the POSITIVE feed back Michel, . All u other guys are just jelous, with your negative feed back. LOL

This car is beutifull, and who care how the guy got it or how he paid for it. for me , i know the faimily but didnt know he had this car.

I went to my posche mechanic today, he checked all the numbers and it is a real deal 1989 RED 5 speed 930. his contact at porshe Australia is going to check the numbers further to see if it is a LE50 car and he said its a strong possability. Either way , its a bargin.

The car is defenatly legit , done revs check, seen the old rego papers. the car is in VERY good condition with only 46,000 km

(i was disapointed when the glove box didnt have a kilo of coke in it) 

so for all of you that think its "dodgy" or "Not a real 930", For 50 grand, (even if i have to spend 10 k on replacing seals and crap in the motor), better than buying some slow ass 1978 modified dreamer wide body kit car with "New interior"  "real collector car" for 50 k , thinking your cool in your old slow porsche,

I will be driving my TRUE porsche super car of the 80s and be drinking my second scooner, by myself ,  buy time you guys get to the wolombie pub  via the putty rd.  Pending you actually drive your 2.7 litre classic 1972 model past the coffee shop at Bondi beach

Hahaahha , if you cant take a joke , please dont take offence,

Im actually really hoping it all checks out with the mechanic. I think it will. spend a few grand on  a few new seals , plugs and new oil,

then I will spend some more cash and change those gross god ugly wheels, cant wait now.

The way i look at it , what a barn find !!!

negative feedback? It's a discussion forum - you're pretty much asking for discussion by posting. If you'd rather nobody gives you an opinion then don't post.

good luck with the car and hope it all goes smoothly (and you get to take it on SMT's with other like minded people)

Russ I think RAAF's feelin rightly full of himself at the moment and rightly so (he's jokin) if and IF it checks out

... been as it is a forum, ( gently) takin the piss is a Jedi skill to be mastered by us all ;)

Btw Jason Pascoe no longer works at P Melb - I got the name email of the new guy somewhere.

Thanks for the POSITIVE feed back Michel, . All u other guys are just jelous, with your negative feed back. LOL

This car is beutifull, and who care how the guy got it or how he paid for it. for me , i know the faimily but didnt know he had this car.

I went to my posche mechanic today, he checked all the numbers and it is a real deal 1989 RED 5 speed 930. his contact at porshe Australia is going to check the numbers further to see if it is a LE50 car and he said its a strong possability. Either way , its a bargin.

The car is defenatly legit , done revs check, seen the old rego papers. the car is in VERY good condition with only 46,000 km

(i was disapointed when the glove box didnt have a kilo of coke in it) 

so for all of you that think its "dodgy" or "Not a real 930", For 50 grand, (even if i have to spend 10 k on replacing seals and crap in the motor), better than buying some slow ass 1978 modified dreamer wide body kit car with "New interior"  "real collector car" for 50 k , thinking your cool in your old slow porsche,

I will be driving my TRUE porsche super car of the 80s and be drinking my second scooner, by myself ,  buy time you guys get to the wolombie pub  via the putty rd.  Pending you actually drive your 2.7 litre classic 1972 model past the coffee shop at Bondi beach

Hahaahha , if you cant take a joke , please dont take offence,

Im actually really hoping it all checks out with the mechanic. I think it will. spend a few grand on  a few new seals , plugs and new oil,

then I will spend some more cash and change those gross god ugly wheels, cant wait now.

The way i look at it , what a barn find !!!

are you speaking english?

are you speaking english?

yes, cant you read english??

what part dont you understand?? the part where i take the piss out of some (and I made myself clear that i was joking around), or the part that im super exited about findind a mint 50k 930??

As some one above stated, this is a forum, this is Australia, as long as i dont piss on any individual (unless they deserve it ) and personaly upset someone,that i would never intend. I can say what i like.

I always joke around, im never serious , you only live once,

Im sure that most of you were super exited when you were buying your first porsche. for me, I have owned and still do, a collection of American cars and a tone of motorcycles, but never before have i been more exited on the eve of apurchase like buyind a porsche!!!

And that, Im sure you would all aggree with.

Im actually going to write a new post somewere on this forum for a laugh, about the differenes of owner ship of American cars and German cars.

i'm not from Sydney so didn't understand half the crap you wrote, anyway, good luck with your 930, hope its better than the other one you told us you bought!

i hope it is too! haha , you dont have to be from sydney , i dont live there either, to understand.

Guards red widebody with fins, recaro interior, genuine 930 cabrio I am amazed that this hasn't been snapped up already...looks like a beast! Cup wheels really do finish off an impact number car nicely (although on this beast the rear bumper is not standard) ..can't wait to see if at a Porsche show soon...

Guards red widebody with fins, recaro interior, genuine 930 cabrio I am amazed that this hasn't been snapped up already...looks like a beast! Cup wheels really do finish off an impact number car nicely (although on this beast the rear bumper is not standard) ..can't wait to see if at a Porsche show soon...

LE's I think had a wing as std

Porsche-930-LE-wing.jpg

I cant wait either, Im anctous about the pre inspection! Looking forward the most to driving it !

I cant wait either, Im anctous about the pre inspection! Looking forward the most to driving it !

If this does check out I would seriously be cautious of driving this rare beast...pffff who needs an RS or even a clubsport when something like this turns up...makes a 491 or whatever those pretend turbo wide-body Carreras are look worthless...

If this does check out I would seriously be cautious of driving this rare beast...pffff who needs an RS or even a clubsport when something like this turns up...makes a 491 or whatever those pretend turbo wide-body Carreras are look worthless...

haha, Ive checked the numbers, genuine 89 RED 5 speed 930. Porsche guy checking further to see if its a final 50. he seems to think it is.

I will be driving this car, once i finally own it in a week or 2. ive already layed down 5k deposit to secure it

Its not advertised ANYWERE and was never for sale until i meet the family and asked about it

, in a few weeks when its in my garage, i will reveil the full story to this  ultimate barn find!!

man, luck NEVER goes my way . this time it did.

The mechanic i use and has helped me with making sure im buying the right car is Michael Newton. He specializes in Carrera cup cars, and says he will only work on rear engine porsches, but he really knows his shit.

He is the one who told me its a true 89 930 factory right hand drive, red, convertable, when he did a basic numbers check

He is going to find out if it is or isnt a final 50 car. either way, i dont really care, i will be way happy to own this beutifull very low k super car. its still a pretty rare car in my book, and going to be way more fun to drive than my old Corvettes

It is an interesting scenario, cant help but think of when Homer buys Snake's car and drives past the prison:

I hope it all works out for you mate - definitely watching the thread with interest.  :)

Hey Michel,

Not the same. The one i put a deposit on is an 89 model, Not 88. completely different interior. Same side air intakes , and they flow right through to the engine bay, not fake for looks. PM me your email address an i will send you all the pick i have. I cant post the dam things and i have quite a few. some here think that the car i found is fake, non ligit, Procedes of crime, or not real etc etc. I think i might have stumbled apon somthing awsome!!

Dan

Archived