My new ride

raafrebel

Australian delivered or UK car??

NO 89 930 models were Australian delivered. None since 86 i think. There cant be too many factory right hand drive 89 930s here. Led to beleive so far that this one comes from Hong Kong (actually , it comes from Stuttgart , West germany)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey RAAF only a general comparison I get the yr and other differences - but it's a very similar car on the market - comparisons only. Been last of, I guess makes it s bit tastier.

Ill send you my email and will post them on the site if you're happy with that.

We should all do 'tink' a favour and start believing in fairies again...2 years back I stumbled on a '63 101 Alfa coupe that had been sitting in a shed since 1970 - tracked the history back to the original sale in Rome. only 4 owners one of those been the Italian ambassador and then his cook :)... Oh yeh what's my point... Dreams do come true

Hey JJ

Picking it up tomorow and takeing it to porsche mechanic for inspection. Ive put a deposit on it to secure it.

done all the reves checkes and all , it all checks out.

got a copy of the old rego papers and it was registered in his wifes name, so all good there.

I will most proberbly have to spend a few grand just to get it going, but family insists that the motor has had a LOT of work done no more than 2000 km before it was stored.

Bigger intercooler, ported heads, bigger cams, pistons etc etc.

Other than a few seals fresh oil, fuel system and brake system flush, should be good to go.

Owners said if its not what they said it is, they will gladly give back the deposit.

Find out tomorow, but im very confident it will all check out mechanicaly.

As ive said, doen the numbers check, it is a genuine right hand drive 930, red. But how good would it be if its a final 50 car!!!

either way im getting a very good deal

Hey RAAF only a general comparison I get the yr and other differences - but it's a very similar car on the market - comparisons only. Been last of, I guess makes it s bit tastier.

Ill send you my email and will post them on the site if you're happy with that.

We should all do 'tink' a favour and start believing in fairies again...2 years back I stumbled on a '63 101 Alfa coupe that had been sitting in a shed since 1970 - tracked the history back to the original sale in Rome. only 4 owners one of those been the Italian ambassador and then his cook :)... Oh yeh what's my point... Dreams do come true

Did you buy the alfa??

sounds promising, keep us updated and post some more pics of it

Thanks,

Yes it does sound very promising. either way, its a genuine right hand drive 930. If its a "FE" that will just be as added bounus.

Its getting PPI tomorow, It will cost me a couple grand just to get it started, but i think it will be money well spent.

Everything else checks out OK.

Im pretty dam exited aout it, worst case sinario will be a engine rebuild, but as i said, the family asures me it has all been done.

I will post tomorow hopefully some good news and some better photos as im taking my SLR camera with me. I will need some one to poste them for me as i cant work out how to post nice images on this site. only allows crappy small files.

Dan

Hi all,

Well, after the PPI, its a real deal 930. all numbers matching but not a FE car.

downside, with any car thats been sitting for 10 years, its going to need a LOT of work, more than i thought. even though the car is in great cosmetic shape, i will have to spend at least 25k to get it on the road. in my opinion, too mucj fot a 55k car.

over the last week, ive been doing a lot of homework (as recomended by everyone here).

This , being my FIRST porsche, I have decided to shit can the 930 money pit and buy something completely different. so , some of u will proberbly laugh at me , but i think i have made the right choice

I bought a 996.

I cant find the link and have trouble uploading pictures, but here is the description.

2000 model 996 with 52,000 km.

Customer order paint, only one in Australia

Interior carbon pack

Factory lowered

factory sports leather seats

Factory cup wheels (like hot wires)

6 speed manual with all the shit.

All log books and receipts from new,

build sheet

over 36k worth of genuine factory accesories.

I can post photos if someone is willing for me to email them to you. I had my heart on a 930, but after finding this car, that cost $245,000 when new, driving it , i fell in love. what a car.

Now i know its no collectable , pricless car, but for what it is and with such low km and a tone of extras, its the only one of its kind in Australia. Im sure there are many other cars that are in the same catagry, but for my first porsche, its a nothing to spend car. and i was quite suprised how good (fast ) they actually go!

I will still also buy the 930, if the owner drops his price quite a bit, but im more than happy with the car i bought. I pick it up easter weekend.

I know a lot of you die hard old shape fans will proberbly think im a fool, mabey i am.

But at least i finally found a car that is very unique and is a real pleasure to drive.

Can i email photos to someone so as i can show you all my car? PM me if you can help.

Feeling pretty hapy at the moment, I think i made the right choice.

Well done mate. We like all things Porga here so no need to worry about getting this Porga or that... (anything else bar a 78 model is a substitute). The reality here is you have a Porsche and no matter if it's an air or water cooled, front.. Mid or rear engine it's guarnteed to be loads of fun so enjoy. On a positive note your car should also have an ac which works which in this country is kind of handy.

Congratulations

Archived