Engine/Gearbox Oil Disposal at Supercheap Auto

twood

Yesterday we had the Tech Day, I changed my  engine oil change and Caledonian changed his gearbox oil plus the old oil after my engine rebuild-around 25 litres in total.

What to do with the old oil?

In Brisbane and I am sure most large cities the local council will often have facilities at their waste management depots for its disposal but for me that is around a 40k drive there and back.

Supercheap Auto Qld (no affiliation) in association with TransPacific have a service where there is a bin where you can leave your old oil (in a closed container) at no charge.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/super-green/oil-recycling.aspx

This is a great service (especially when there is a store about 200 meters away) but probably being abused by some commercial operators. When I went there today the bin was full of near identical 20 litre containers  and when I pointed this out to the store manager they where very unimpressed.

Better than tipping it down the local storm water drain or hiding it the bottom of your wheelie bin.

PS They also do old batteries-just have to get them to organise the disposal of all my old paint tins

I'm only kidding though. I give mine to the car wreckers.. Which is next door to our factories. Pretty convenient :)

Or give it to an old 'wog'. He'll paint his fence with it :P

LMAO, but I'm glad you said it.

Ha, wogs painting the fence.

Personally I prefer a good 15W/50 for the fence. Minimum 50,000kn vintage.

Seriously though, I have some waste oil and a battery that need to go. That is a terrific service that I was totally unaware of.

Good on you Supercheap.

Ha, wogs painting the fence.

Personally I prefer a good 15W/50 for the fence. Minimum 50,000kn vintage.

Seriously though, I have some waste oil and a battery that need to go. That is a terrific service that I was totally unaware of.

Good on you Supercheap.

Just check it is available for all Supercheap stores Aust wide- on the website they say it is available for 56 stores in Queensland but does not specifically say all stores.

I agree it is a great service and ticks most of the boxes, the oil is disposed of correctly and plus it is recycled.

Archived