Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst I've had was driving my brother-in-law's GT3. Not stupid words but stupid actions. A bloke in a falcodore did his best to run me off the road. Came up behind me drove normally for a while then suddenly decided to ride my tail for about a km, then started honking his horn and flashing his lights. Finally overtook me and nearly side swiped me with his cut off manoeuvre. He also went past with his arm out the window giving me the bird. This is on a single lane road mind you, wasn't anywhere for me to go.

I've got no idea what caused it as I was in an 80 zone doing 90 at the time. Apparently the guy just really disliked Porsche drivers!

nothing gets my back up more than "we're paying you too much" - most of the SUV's in the car park here at work are worth twice my car!

yeah I get that at my place of work too.

Seriously people, we all earn about the same, it's what I do with the $$ after I get it that makes the difference!

Yeh Quozi - that ain't cool :P

If anyone made comments about me being paid too much or any rich comments about my car now - I'd probably crack it at them!  I had such a great time in it on Sunday.  

The only thing keeping me sane is thinking I might still be able to get into a P car, owe less $ and still be happy with it.  

Yup the usual reference of "business must be good" to which I reply

"It cost me less than a commodore, what would you rather drive?"

Usual response is silence followed by "isn't it new?"

No it's 7 years old

Whilst filling her up yesterday after a quick spin to blow some cobwebs out, had a local on a pushy holding a fresh pack of winnie blues ask a couple of questions

“you thinking of selling that mate, I’ve been looking for one?”

Nah mate haven’t had it that long

“is that a turbo?”

Nah it’s a standard Carrera

“so it a 3 litre V6 isnt it? Are they 12 inch rims”

Err it’s a 3.2 flat 6, those rims are the standard 7inch”

“what is that a 78 model?”

nah mate its an 87

“that looks like a turbo tail, do you know Insert name he has a 78 model turbo with 20 pounds of boost, he took me for a spin in the wet jeeeez did that thing move”

Yeh turbo’s are pretty fast

“have you run anyone in it? What would it do down the quarter..12’s?”

Nah its not that fast, plus I would probably stuff up the launch, an standard SS Commodore would probably blow my doors off

Then he proceeded to tell me about a one owner low kay Sylvia he just purchased which he is restoring and he will garage it and wait until the prices skyrocket. That was my first serious servo chat very interesting indeed.

Just got this yesterday when some old friends noticed the 997 for the first time.

"how fast does she go? have you driven her above 250? I would drive it above 250 it'll be worth the fine"

Hmmm, how to explain to people that top speed isn't really the point? Unless you are on a track that is.

Or in the NT.

Besides... I am not young and invincible feeling anymore...

Whilst filling her up yesterday after a quick spin to blow some cobwebs out, had a local on a pushy holding a fresh pack of winnie blues ask a couple of questions

Then he proceeded to tell me about a one owner low kay Sylvia he just purchased which he is restoring and he will garage it and wait until the prices skyrocket. That was my first serious servo chat very interesting indeed.

"Oh No".... not another NISSAN lover :wacko: .....Don't tell Pauly :P

Does sound like an interesting conversation though...at least he was friendly. :D  

Guest Harold

"Does it go?"

There really is no answer is there. It was 3months old, cost circa $300k and he asked does it go?

I was gob smashed and am too slow witted to have come up with any answer other than "I hope so".

"Does it go?"

There really is no answer is there. It was 3months old, cost circa $300k and he asked does it go?

I was gob smashed and am too slow witted to have come up with any answer other than "I hope so".

"it doesn't. This is actually not a real car. What it is, it's 1:1 scale model of a 991 911.."

these people walk among us...

worst still, they breed

HOW!!

"Does it go?"

"Does it go?"

Ah yes, I think we all get that now and again.

I regularly take a humble position......"Goes nothing like the a new car, but it is nearly 20 years old".

• 4 weeks later...

Archived