Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

haha. you can certainly tell when a person doesn't get it and/or never done anything daring in their life

This fellow came across as one of those type that seems to think he knows every thing and is some sort of legend in his own mind ........You just have to smile and take it on the chin ..............He did have a nice accord though ..........:lol::lol: 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might not be allowed to wind them out on public roads (perhaps with the exception of the NT)

There's still not any laws as to how fast you get them to the limit is there? 

0-50km/hr comes up pretty quick for most in the city B) and there are laws about breaking traction!

I swear 90% of all Honda drivers are "elderly types". There must be a secret brotherhood or something..or 60 & over clubs get a pensioner deal.

I can guarantee I won't be joining that brotherhood or club ever.

There are laws about driving recklessly, and if a cop saw you floor your car in what could be deemed a "dangerous" way they could probably book you......

I can guarantee I won't be joining that brotherhood or club ever.

Isn't there a special club for old land rover drivers Tazzie??! :ph34r: 

I like it. It seems very scientific. I don't need it yet, but I will pass it on to some of my coworkers ;)

I grow and eat a lot of spinach and still have hair. Thus in my study of one , it works as a preventative measure. It may also delay the onset of greyness but again the study sample is limited.

booked for undue noise maybe!but yep old mate is flat out wrong, really.. can go as fast as you want (or skill allows) on the track.

And I am Certain to I am not the only 911 owner who has on occasion exceeded the speed limit ,,,,,,some times these things just happen ...............:lol::lol: 

And I am Certain to I am not the only 911 owner who has on occasion exceeded the speed limit ,,,,,,some times these things just happen ...............:lol::lol: 

Yeah, and then if we get caught we're made to feel like a common criminal who just did the equivalent of breaking into someone's house ! 

booked for undue noise maybe!but yep old mate is flat out wrong, really.. can go as fast as you want (or skill allows) on the track.

I can confirm that such a charge exists 'undue noise due to manner of operation'.  It's the catch all for 'I don't like the way you were driving, even though I didn't have a radar on you and strictly speaking no actual road rules were broken'.

back in a prior century that's what they booked me on when I was drifting and before drifting was drifting.

Yeah, and then if we get caught we're made to feel like a common criminal who just did the equivalent of breaking into someone's house ! 

You more than likely would get less of a fine for Break and enter these days ,,more revenue to be made from speeding ,,God Bless Our Law Makers ..........:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

So which is the better car, the 370z or the Porsche?

The Porsche is easily twice the car.

Twice?

Easily

The zed is a good attempt at a sports car but lacks driver feedback. Porsche, you feel a part of the machine. 

Pulling up at the traffic lights in a Porsche next to a 370Z, you are not going to look at the 370Z and wonder if you should have bought one, however reverse the position and you will always be wondering if you should have gotten the Porsche.  It's not brand snobbery, it's as you say the visceral and emotional engagement that the 370Z just doesn't quite give you.

My dad when I bought my Porsche.  "Gee mate, you could be buying trouble".  He says that every time I buy something that's not a bellybutton car.  Being a kraut he should know that German engineering doesn't give you trouble (until yesterday).  Last night we were talking about old cars and I told him how much the value of these "troublesome cars" has increased.  He said "you want to hang on to that".  I can't win with my old man. Unfortunately he's a bit of a glass half empty kind of chap. 

My dad when I bought my Porsche.  "Gee mate, you could be buying trouble".  He says that every time I buy something that's not a bellybutton car.  Being a kraut he should know that German engineering doesn't give you trouble (until yesterday).  Last night we were talking about old cars and I told him how much the value of these "troublesome cars" has increased.  He said "you want to hang on to that".  I can't win with my old man. Unfortunately he's a bit of a glass half empty kind of chap. 

I think you might be winning him over there....B)

aahhhmmm what prey tell is a belly button car:huh:

Archived