Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually agree with all their expressed sentiments... Nod at the right time, laugh and titter. But reality is I get very little of it ( ridicule)   compared to what I experience here. ??

I drive older cars ( in beguiling paint schemes or distressed effects ) and not Red or Blk cars... Certainly not newer beasties where I guess most of the contempt is spewed forth... Even my partner she thinks I'm a wanker 

My wife got home from work last Friday after i had picked up my 89 turbo walked into the garage and said , "it's the same as the other one", yes dear, she's not a car girl at all.

PISSA.    I think you might be married to my wife:P

Ha that sort of thinking used to amaze me, then I watched someone change a boat, for another boat... I still saw a boat.

ha describes me to a tee.  "Look at my boat"

er, is it for fishing? (Thinks of something to say). Nice rod holders?

i am surrounded by boat people.  When I got my car, 'what did you buy that for?'

Answer : why do you have a boat?

i can tell you,  a Porsche is a hell of a lot more useful than a fishing boat.   And it doesn't make you barf.

i would be interested in a boat at the same time I could buy one with a kitchen and dunny.  Until then, not so much.

Went to the shops today in the 911. When I got out of the car this smart arse bogun says "nice Volkswagen mate". Wow, that's original. So I replied with " nice lancer. If I sell my porsche I could buy 50 of them and build one good one". 

I don't get the VW 'insult' - why is it supposed to hurt?

i would never spar with someone like that- smirk and thumbs up is all they would ever get from me.

The most I will ever come back with (for friends, not strangers) is 'oh, so your Porsche hasn't got any vw parts?'

I suspect the 928 doesn't have any VW parts, but it would be the only one.

I don't get the VW 'insult' - why is it supposed to hurt?

i would never spar with someone like that- smirk and thumbs up is all they would ever get from me.

The most I will ever come back with (for friends, not strangers) is 'oh, so your Porsche hasn't got any vw parts?'

I suspect the 928 doesn't have any VW parts, but it would be the only one.

If you're looking for a come back, check to see if they have a rear wiper on their car. If they have one say "nice attempt at copying a 911 mate" as the modern rear windscreen wiper design is a trademark of the 911.

Loading the 993 onto a truck today - a bozzo in a rusty falcodore drove past and yelled out (with his ciggy between his teeth) "ya need to give it a good porsche to get it going".      I just gave him a thumbs up and hoped his car didn't fall apart anywhere near me.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” - Mark Twain

Loading the 993 onto a truck today - a bozzo in a rusty falcodore drove past and yelled out (with his ciggy between his teeth) "ya need to give it a good porsche to get it going".      I just gave him a thumbs up and hoped his car didn't fall apart anywhere near me.

that's actually pretty funny

• 1 month later...

Took the Pcar out for a Saturday arvo drive and needed to put some fuel in her ,,,,while I was paying for my petrol after filling up the station attendant  asked why I had put the fuel in the front ................................:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

So I was in a drive through getting some supplies on the weekend. Old mate stumbles out of the bar as I was about to get in.

'nice Porsche 911 mate, what's that, a 78?'

'thanks, yeah it's an 81 actially'

'yeah, always liked these.  What year did they stop making 911s?'

'um, they're still making them?'

to be fair he might have meant impact bumper cars, but was a little sozzled.

Not something people have said but what people do when I am driving my 928, I have never had so many people tail gate me! And bloody close too, I scared one of them shitless the other day by when I backed off slightly (to keep a safe gap in front of me) and she almost hit me!!

Most people have no idea what a 928 is or who makes it, yet........

There are laws about driving recklessly, and if a cop saw you floor your car in what could be deemed a "dangerous" way they could probably book you......

Isn't there a special club for old land rover drivers Tazzie??! :ph34r: 

hey! I enjoy driving my 63 landy as much as my P car! Lol..?

You should have made Rotory engine noises ................:P

you should have asked him if he knows a good apex seal dealer.

Porsche centre service "we changed the pollen filter"

2010 Boxster always driven with the roof down!!!!

/engage pedantry

the pollen filter is more about protecting the HVAC system from debris and making sure it has clean air to pump around than stopping you getting the sniffles. But it was a clever bit of marketing to call it a pollen filter.

/disengage pedantry 

It is worth paying the extra for the activated carbon filters, but probably not so for convertibles!

I swear 90% of all Honda drivers are "elderly types". There must be a secret brotherhood or something..or 60 & over clubs get a pensioner deal.

haha guess I'm in the other 10% then.... and I still sometimes get asked for ID when purchasing alcohol 

911 Turbo 

1. Is that a 4 cylinder or a V8?

2. Oh it's a Boxster Turbo 

3. And all the usual "paying you too much" stuff. I just choose not to spend my money on other stuff lol

• 4 months later...

I already had a 3.2 Carrera, when I asked my girlfriend (at the time)

"Do you think I should buy it ?" -  It being an old 993 GT2 replica race car with all the trimmings, wide body, 12.5" wide rears, low, loud 3.8 with ITB's, Motec, caged etc.

She says, "Yes! It looks really cool"  - it did too!

So, I bought it, thus starting a two year long argument culminating in our break up.

Sadly the car is gone now too.

I already had a 3.2 Carrera, when I asked my girlfriend (at the time)

"Do you think I should buy it ?" -  It being an old 993 GT2 replica race car with all the trimmings, wide body, 12.5" wide rears, low, loud 3.8 with ITB's, Motec, caged etc.

She says, "Yes! It looks really cool"  - it did too!

So, I bought it, thus starting a two year long argument culminating in our break up.

Sadly the car is gone now too.

Good to see you still have the 3.2.............some things are just meant to be :rolleyes:

Archived