Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

My wife had a colleague tell her all about the new Range Rover he just bought, so she tells him that I just got a new car also. She said his jaw almost hit the floor and just couldn't believe it until she pointed out his car would have cost three times as much, at which point he became quite coy..

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hepkat63

Only had mine two months and I have had:

Huh, must be paying him too much (about four times from various people at work)

Oh, I love ferraris (wtf ?)

Of course it's red, porsche makes the fast models red - that's how you can tell them apart (again,,,wtf?)

A service ? Um, haven't done one of those in a while... (Melb Porsche dealer)

The back seats are for very short German children

Sounds worse than a ride on mower, don't start it whilst I'm still asleep (wife)

Oh, a Porsche - um, about $500 (window tint place who quoted $300 until the 'what type of car question)

So you'd dispute the idea that she settled for second best?

And that folks, was post No. 911 for me.

Woo Hoo

Bazinga !!!

Well not long after i purchased what ended up being the most expensive mistake of my life... a 3.4 996 Tip... zzzzzz

The Bosxter was a great drivers car...

Daughter-: Oh its engine is in the back, just like a Beetle..........

Next door neighbour (2 X Merc's & GT40 replica) careful washing that it will shrink back into a beetle.

(at least it wasnt built in a shed with a spanner, and its not made of plastic like his KIT CAR)(Oh Yeah

its not a kit car its a hand built replica :lol:) :wacko:

"Must be good to be a rich Plumber to be able to afford a porche!"

"It is good to be a rich plumber , especially when your SHIT paid for it!"

Truth be told, if the majority of people added up what they have spent on alcohol, fancy sunglasses and Apple products they could quite likely afford to buy a nice car :) . At least we have something to show for our years of hard work!  :rolleyes:

Truth be told, if the majority of people added up what they have spent on alcohol, fancy sunglasses and Apple products they could quite likely afford to buy a nice car :) . At least we have something to show for our years of hard work!  :rolleyes:

You forgot "dietary supplements" in the wallet drain equation.

Made myself a deal to quit the smokes when I bought my Porsche.

Gave them up the night before I picked it up. I don't even feel the Porsche expenses as its still cheaper to keep than my cigarette habit.

Gave them up the night before I picked it up. I don't even feel the Porsche expenses as its still cheaper to keep than my cigarette habit.

Well done Theo.

You've kicked one addiction for another. The Porsche is marginally more socially acceptable.

I think the Porsche addiction is worse! Talk about the modification addiction!!  :unsure:  :(

Maybe we should have graphic images on the banner ads of starving families or homes being repossessed as a result of our addiction?  :D

Photos like this:

"These homes use to belong to Porsche owners before they modified their cars"

house-prices_1205604c.jpg

I sometimes tell people it's a VW kit car, after one of my dads mates at a VW show was overheard saying "wow, they've even got the interior right and the windscreen rake exactly the same as a 911"

The worst comment I ever received was:

looks like you will be paying that off for the rest of your life........................

At the time I was 27 when I bought the 993 - if you havent got anything good to say why say anything at all.........

Like someone else posted the comment that really cut deep for me though was:

we are paying you too much............

I went out and bought an appliance to drive to clients from that day onwards. These days I have matured and dont feel as insecure about what my clients think and just drive the 991 (when I feel like it) and dont give a flying fruck what they say - even found out recently that the executive team at one of my clients said "Why do you have an IT guy that drives a Porsche....." to the CIO  :wacko:

Archived