"oem" Eurovox Radio Amplifier Mid 80's Porsche

smule

All/Most Porsches sold new in Australia between say 84 and 87 had a Eurovox MCC-2358P or similar radio fitted to them from new by the dealership... some of these units had built in amps whilst others where serviced by an external amp connected by a round 7 pin lead... If anyone has either a radio like this ( working or not) and / or the matching amplifier I'd be very interested in buying.... Thanks :)

post-1013-0-48668200-1393563372_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

All/Most Porsches sold new in Australia between say 84 and 87 had a Eurovox MCC-2358P or similar radio fitted to them from new by the dealership... some of these units had built in amps whilst others where serviced by an external amp connected by a round 7 pin lead... If anyone has either a radio like this ( working or not) and / or the matching amplifier I'd be very interested in buying.... Thanks :)

Hello. Are you still after a Eurovox radio with amp?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi Smule, J.J.

Managed to pick up a MCC-2358p with a MO-480 and will be installing back into a 86 coupe.

Can you guys help out on the correct location of the amp?

Cheers

Jason

Nice one Jason, no documented answer to your question, but the few examples I've seen have been under the passenger seat.

Did you buy the unit of ebay in the last week or so ? If so you'll need to chase down the side tabs and possibly the fascia that goes around the unit to get a perfect fitment on the dash.

Btw. Welcome to the forum !

Nice one Jason, no documented answer to your question, but the few examples I've seen have been under the passenger seat.

Did you buy the unit of ebay in the last week or so ? If so you'll need to chase down the side tabs and possibly the fascia that goes around the unit to get a perfect fitment on the dash.

Btw. Welcome to the forum !

Is documented , just need to know where to look......factory spot is here:

http://performanceforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52500&d=1318421170

from my mod thread

• 6 years later...