A car has been bought.

Uncle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you must've been watching car sales like a hawk, 'cause if I'd had seen that on my daily car sales trawling I would've been all over it like a fat kid on a mars bar

Niko that is the car I just bought. I've spent the last 2 hours getting the stupid GT3 esque off and the nasty 986 turbo sticker off. Next is to find the stock Gemballer door stickers.

Yep, sorry bout that, getting confused in my old age. :wacko:   

The first good thing about it is that it's no longer on the market, I really was having some divorce material thoughts there. :o  

The second good thing about it is, I personally am glad you are taking those stickers off as well, it's looking better already. :) 

Can't wait to see it... 

pity the Australian gemballa office isn't open anymore - wonder where all their stock went though

Someone bought the stock and sold it off in dribs and drabs on Ebay. I bought a enlarged sump and brand new adjustable coilovers for absolute bargain prices a few years ago :)

congrats on the purchase.

do you know if it is all ADR approved? say what would happen if you got an EPA, would you pass emissions etc?

i know a few guys who have run into problems with EPA recently, had to remove blowers, stock exhaust, airbox back on etc, just turned into a major nightmare

do you know if it is all ADR approved? say what would happen if you got an EPA, would you pass emissions etc?

i know a few guys who have run into problems with EPA recently, had to remove blowers, stock exhaust, airbox back on etc, just turned into a major nightmare

:(

Always a potential issue when you buy a heavily modified vehicle. But, it's all part of the ride.

I'm sure Martin would find some creative way to keep it quiet if he needed to!

Yes it is all ADR approved. Gemballa are a recognised vehicle manufacture in their own right. Like RUF you can't think of them as just a tuning shop. They build things for a world market. The reason they are so expensive is Gemballa need to be able to sell them anywhere in the world without needing to change to meet local regs. R&D costs money.

Always a potential issue when you buy a heavily modified vehicle. But, it's all part of the ride.

I'm sure Martin would find some creative way to keep it quiet if he needed to!

Actually it already is crazy quite now. Like quieter than my wife's BMW. All you hear at 4,000rpm is a blowing noise as the turbo's have a hard time pushing air out. 

Actually it already is crazy quite now. Like quieter than my wife's BMW. All you hear at 4,000rpm is a blowing noise as the turbo's have a hard time pushing air out. 

Welcome to the flat six twin turbo "hoover" exhaust sound, thats why l installed a Kline sports exhaust...... now all l can do is look for tunnels, wind my windows down and WOT.... its very addictive.

maybe they need to be bigger?

Archived