Porsche Targa Tasmania Tour

mhh

I got an email today from PC Australia with a flyer for this.  Non-competitive tag-along to the Targa.  Has anyone done it?  I'm not sure I can find the time but any excuse to drive in Tassie for a few days always catches my eye...

http://porschecarsaustralia.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/j/34997E444235A0A2/C0164ED65C2BDAFFC67FD2F38AC4859C

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done the 2012 & 2013 Targa Tas & Targa High Country's. Booked in for 2014, best fun ever in a Porsche while still being legal. You drive all the closed road stages that the comp cars do, whole road to yourself & no on coming traffic! Usually only about 10 cars in Tas & 25 cars on the High Country. Expensive maybe, but first class organisation, accommodation & food.

I've done the 2012 & 2013 Targa Tas & Targa High Country's. Booked in for 2014, best fun ever in a Porsche while still being legal. You drive all the closed road stages that the comp cars do, whole road to yourself & no on coming traffic! Usually only about 10 cars in Tas & 25 cars on the High Country. Expensive maybe, but first class organisation, accommodation & food.

Good to know, thanks!

I received the same email, which I put down to the fact that I just purchased a Cayenne and am now on the list.   I assume they you can take any Porsche? Like my 996?  

I'd be very interested to hear any further information on the Targa tour.

Thanks

Tim

I received the same email, which I put down to the fact that I just purchased a Cayenne and am now on the list. I assume they you can take any Porsche? Like my 996?

I'd be very interested to hear any further information on the Targa tour.

Thanks

Tim

Tim, the year before last a guy took a 356/9, Porsches of all ages & persuasions, haven't seen a Cayene yet but there was Panamera one year. Doesn't matter how fast or slow you feel like driving, everyone finds their own groove & space without any issues, some days your on it other days your in cruise mode. We are not timed & it's not racing, there is no overtaking allowed on the stages but the driving is "spirited" as they say. Have a look at the video link in the brochure, last year I did about 5,000klms all up with the drive to & from Sydney included. Some people get their cars transported to PCA Melbourne & drive from there. 996 would be a perfect tool for the job!

Tim, the year before last a guy took a 356/9, Porsches of all ages & persuasions, haven't seen a Cayene yet but there was Panamera one year. Doesn't matter how fast or slow you feel like driving, everyone finds their own groove & space without any issues, some days your on it other days your in cruise mode. We are not timed & it's not racing, there is no overtaking allowed on the stages but the driving is "spirited" as they say. Have a look at the video link in the brochure, last year I did about 5,000klms all up with the drive to & from Sydney included. Some people get their cars transported to PCA Melbourne & drive from there. 996 would be a perfect tool for the job!

yep, pretty sure we're going to book in for this one. Spoke to Porsche about it today to get some more details. Sounds great.

When you consider what's included, I think it's not that expensive. Look out for me down there. Silver 996!!

yep, pretty sure we're going to book in for this one. Spoke to Porsche about it today to get some more details. Sounds great.

When you consider what's included, I think it's not that expensive. Look out for me down there. Silver 996!!

Will do, sent my money off yesterday, I'm easy to spot as well.

Yep very easy, you'd be the white dot screaming away chasing down Ian in the lead car.....

C'mon Nath, what goes on tour stays on tour! Dont think you'd be too far behind either, remeber i've seen you drive!

Touché touché. Would love to go this year but life gets in the way of fun sometimes.....

Mate, I'll think of you driving the closed road stages with no oncoming traffic & the exhaust at full noise. I could rename the redline as "bouncing off the Nath" if that makes you feel better!

Thanks for the comments.  I've just emailed Pamela at Porsche to say we are in.  My GT3 won't have its new engine by then but my beloved wife has agreed my mate and I can use her 981 Boxster S.  Happy days!

Thanks for the comments.  I've just emailed Pamela at Porsche to say we are in.  My GT3 won't have its new engine by then but my beloved wife has agreed my mate and I can use her 981 Boxster S.  Happy days!

Perfect weapon for the tour. See you there.

Actually I've competed in a fair few Targa events in modern and classic and on quite a few of them the tour participants in both the Porsche tour and regular tour have chucked it into the weeds.

In that video there was so much wrong with what the following drivers did on a closed stage it's not even funny. 

Haha I'd seen the video before but it came up yesterday with Benny hill music on the targa tad fb newsfeed, people are posting their favorite videos from over the years.

Would love to be there next year for the anniversary, will see if the moons align.

Oh, ho ho ho, very funny, it's not like that at all. Where did you get that from? Your coming next year as the co pilot just to dispel your myth.

Archived