For Sale Rules *PLEASE READ* - Updated 17/04/2014

As there have been some moderation required recently through a lot of different sections of the forum, I thought it was time to clarify the rules regarding the 'For Sale' section of PFA.

• You can only post items for sale if you're a financial member of Porsche Forum Australia (this is an effort by the team that runs this forum to stamp out users who contribute nothing and use our vast membership to spruik their items for sale. As you can appreciate this forum costs a considerable amount each month to keep going and financial membership goes towards a small part of these costs.) - For details on how to become a financial member go to the 'Shop' section here and select 'Financial Membership'

• If you post in another section of the forum in a vague attempt to circumvent these rules and post a 'For Sale' ad it will be moderated (so don't)

There are no exceptions to the above rules, so don't PM me asking to sell something for you

These rules are for everybody, and If you have any questions on the above rules please contact me via Private Message.

• 6 years later...

Ladies and gents (and others to be politically correct).

Please be reminded that if you wish to sell anything on the forum, you must become a financial member to the tune of $25/year. If not, your posts/replies are hidden until you do.

Should you see a wanted post where you may have what someone wants, feel free to contact them personally via private message. 

Cheers 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

EVERYONE please be reminded of this REMINDER about reminding you about selling your own car or parts, or promoting your own or a friends items on an external website or forum.

I hate to be the moderating killjoy when posts are reported by other members and we have to hide or delete your posts, yet this happens nearly every second day now, and it's now become annoying.

Some of you who do it have been here long enough to know the forum guidelines about selling stuff when you're not a financial member, so there will be a 2 strike system.

Do it once and we delete your post and you get a warning. Do it a second time and your posts will be very limited or banned for a month. If there is a car (or parts) that you own or have any interest in on any particular website for sale, and members here are asking questions about it, private message them personally or cough up the $25 membership fee.

To newer members who are unaware of the forum guidelines, please read the blurb at the top of this page, as we know these things can be overlooked when you first join up.

Cheers

The moderating team

• 1 year later...

LISTEN UP!

Yet again we have to remind EVERY member that you CANNOT sell, promote or post links to anything you own or have a financial interest in on this forum without becoming a FINANCIAL MEMBER...TO SELL ANYTHING, be it a car, parts or a tennis ball! 

It's not hard and it's not expensive at $25 PER YEAR to sell whatever you want, yet some of you who have been here for a long time still persist in doing it. 

From now on, new members who may not know the sales rules will get one message about it. Regular contributors won't receive a reminder or private message reminding you about the forum guidelines, you'll just be stopped from posting or replying to anything, as to be very honest I/we are tired of incessantly looking at reported sales posts or links that have been reported by eagle eyed members, and having to hide them and message the posters. If you're a business, you'll be stopped from posting anything at all.

Any sale posts and those replies relating to the non financial members ads won't be hidden, they'll just be deleted, and I don't want a private message asking why, as you all should know by now. 

Sort it out

Moderating team