Targa Tasmania 2014

Simonoz

Anyone got any idea as to why the entries are so poor this year?

No quick 911's other than Ireland and Patterson. Entries down in every class.

Is something other than the economy having an influence?

I did hear that ownership of the event has changed recently?

I was also looking through the list last night and wondering why such a small turn out.

Did I also noticed that Jim Richards is in a Cayman this year? Surely he would still be able to run with the front running pack. It would be nice to see him try to take it on in a GT2 again.

Did I also noticed that Jim Richards is in a Cayman this year? Surely he would still be able to run with the front running pack. It would be nice to see him try to take it on in a GT2 again.

I think he alluded to the "grandfather" effect preventing this ever happening. Plus a GT2 in the wet on Targa roads? 

I think Rex B is still repairing the yellow RS after the crash last year. Two offs in two years for Jim R. Notice he's already pining for more horsepower, doesn't sound like he's too enamoured with the hardtop Boxster.

• 3 weeks later...

"Two offs in two years for Jim R. Notice he's already pining for more horsepower, doesn't sound like he's too enamoured with the hardtop Boxster. "

I watched the highlights of the Targa on Saturday and and Jim R ( pre radiator rupturing recon of the road verge) was interviewed saying the Cayman S was the best car he has ever competed in the Targa in (if my memory serves me correctly, but that is often not the case :) ).

Archived