Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Jeremy - do you have a dyno sheet on the car?  I starting to plan out a motor rebuild and would love to see some of the details.

BTW, such a great car.  It would be great to see it in the flesh one day.

Nope, that's under wraps but can tell you that despite being built and tuned for torque it has about 100hp more than stock

What I do have is a few different build options/specs that I can email you tomorrow. Option 1 being mild rebuild using the stock P&Cs and opinion 4 being a 3.8 monster. Where you end up will depend on budget, goal and what can be reused.

• 1 month later...

I didn't have a transponder but my brother on the pit wall reckons about a 77. Fastest of the day was a 67 by a dude in a sweet ex-group A VL Commodore.

Was bloomin cold, and damp early on. Everyone struggled to get  temp in their tyres. 

Yea plenty more in it, still learning the car. The gearing is not ideal for such a tight track (better suited to Eastern Creek) as there were a few sections where I could have either been in 2nd or 3rd. 2nd had it revving too high but 3rd was out of the power band. Maybe on a warmer day with better tyre temp (and more practice!) I could carry more corner speed and leave it in 3rd.

Lock in Saturday 31/10

Not bad, I reckon there's plenty more in it on a good day ;)

If your heading back sometime give me a hoy and I will join you if I can.  I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Wakefield.

If youre going rarlier than Oct I might come out with you for a speed off the street day. Have a qualified instructor friend that can come along...

Edited by Tit

JV just a quick one on your intake if you wouldn't mind? Do you know if the resonator flap was retained ? I can spot the custom T piece with the filter on it but can see under it to see if the resonator flap was retained.  Just not sure which way to go with mine. Intent is to try and keep it to maximise midrange. Just not sure how to integrate it with custom intake.