Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Tit

Do you know the definitive colour on that solid? Is it slate grey?

UpdatedSkunkworks%20Layout.jpg

The more I hear about this skunkworks the more I like. You will need to have a serious skunk house look at the exhaust, no use having a bad arse machine the sounds like it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. You need something with serious intent emanating from the pipes.

I am also on the lookout for a fantastic solid grey and agree that Lamborghini have the best greys. Grigio telsto is 'stealth grey' from the superlegera. Apparently it changes quite a bit in different light shades. It is my favourite grey non metallic but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money and paint in a non period porsche colour. In a skunkworks car I say anything goes.

Your other option of course would be that grey with the orange interior / highlights we could have twins!

Ps how are you doing those cool sketch ups ? Is it an auto haus tool or is there a cool ap that can do that? I could spend hours playing with concepts.

Thanks Tit. Me likey.

Like the lambo it almost looks blue in the second shot

550 - any pics of your 964?

I had originally thought about orange but it's been done.

The Fabspeed RSR system we've chosen will sound the business without being too over the top (street car remember) and half the price of a full custom jobbie

Autohaus are doing the sketches. If I had a tool like that I'd spend hours playing with it

Thanks Tit. Me likey.

Like the lambo it almost looks blue in the second shot

550 - any pics of your 964?

I had originally thought about orange but it's been done.

The Fabspeed RSR system we've chosen will sound the business without being too over the top (street car remember) and half the price of a full custom jobbie

Autohaus are doing the sketches. If I had a tool like that I'd spend hours playing with it

i have the fabspeed RSR on my track car. it will do, for sure.. :)

I actually really like the current colour of this car, but carry on.....!

Me too and we could get away with not painting it as it's in that good a condition

A few more from yesterday's trial fit of the wheels. Really stoked with how they look. Going to look mental with Brembos behind them

photo%202-2-1.png

Gorgeous hips...

photo%201-1-1.png

photo%201-2.png

JV,Would you mind telling us about the "donor" car itself please?

Not a lot to tell really. Standard C4 with 140k in rather nice condition...straight and rust free. Pretty schmik apart from a broken head stud, leaky diff seals and a few other bits and pieces. Previous owner actually bought it as a project car but bought a 993tt so had to sell.

Would you consider just leaving the standard paint, drive it for a while and see how it goes. No need to toast $15k on new paint when the donor is so good and so close to what you are changing too?

That pony would fit some nice RS cams and likely a 3.8 upgrade?

Decisions, decisions.

Better off painting it while the car is stripped, rather than having to strip it again in future at additional cost.

Also having a mate who is a painter means I'm only paying for the cost of the materials :D