Skunk Works 964 "RS-4" project

Would be interested to see how the reverse lights look when you do it.  That's what's stopped me from doing it...

I might be thinking of the ruf piece but I'm sure I've seen it with the reverse lights with the reddish stock tint.

I'll be posting something up about my lights soon. I decided they were not as glossy as I would like. Just wet sanded and gave it a few more clear coats. Once they back on the car I'll make a post.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report except that the car is going to paint Thursday :D

Took a few snaps while I was hanging around the shop yesterday

328mm rear Brembo

20140804_111306.jpg

Box o’ parts to be catalogued (complete interior, decklid, old brakes, suspension front & rear lights etc)

20140804_111533.jpg

GT3 oil pump

20140804_120227.jpg

Just a quick note for anyone looking at Sparco Evo seats - they are quite wide, particularly around the bolstering at the front (where your thighs are), and require the trans tunnel sound deadening to be cut away. Pole Positions would be an easier fit but were too narrow in the shoulders and wide in the hips for me.

Also it turns out Rennline do not make passenger side alloy floorboards for RHD 964s

A couple of snaps from the painter's today. The sample grey-black was perfect so has the green light. The green is to be confirmed pending samples but have narrowed it down to two Torana colours - mint julep or jamaica green :D

20140809_125901.jpg

20140809_125807.jpg

20140809_125734.jpg

Which shop is painting it?

Actually a mate who ran ESP at five dock. Using facilities at a place out at Castle Hill. The name escapes me.

Are you going to delete the sunroof?

thought about it but no

have you considered a Porsche colour like Viper Green from a G Body or Lime Green from a 964 for the stripe?

indeed I have. Viper green or 997 gt3 rs but neither are quite the right shade

• 2 weeks later...