What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

That's a life dream I have too ^^ the USA is such an awesome country to drive in.

I always wanted to buy a muscle car fly over and join the hot rod power tour, then send it home...

I Wouldn't mind a short fling with a classic porsche too, then send it home :)

A woman did just that in a few articles in Classic Porsche Magazine.

She bought a 911 and drove across USA to the port where it was to head to the UK

Very cool experience that wouldve been

A woman did just that in a few articles in Classic Porsche Magazine.

She bought a 911 and drove across USA to the port where it was to head to the UK

Very cool experience that wouldve been

Damn. I think my bucket list just got longer.

how cool would it be, to buy something like this, pay for it, fly over for a few weeks holiday.. drive the car around, drop it off at the ports in california or wherever, then fly back.

I do have about 3 months worth of annual leave stored up... might not be a job waiting for me when i get back... but man the experience!

Dreaming away....

So obviously your recent experience in an old 911 that ultimately lead to the sale of said 911 hasn't left you too badly scarred?

lots of remorse... I've been in touch with the new owner.. he is over the moon with it. And no, he wont sell it back to me even at a much higher price. The only other car I regret selling, was my original 1974 TA22 Celica 5 speed.. bog stock, original, black interior, no rust. Sold it 20 plus years ago... the guy I sold it to, still has it.. and no, he won't sell it back to me either!

lots of remorse... I've been in touch with the new owner.. he is over the moon with it. And no, he wont sell it back to me even at a much higher price. The only other car I regret selling, was my original 1974 TA22 Celica 5 speed.. bog stock, original, black interior, no rust. Sold it 20 plus years ago... the guy I sold it to, still has it.. and no, he won't sell it back to me either!

Funny..  I had a TA22 GT 1971 model with the 'drop tank' and the flat taillights.  It was a Japanese grey import.  So much history with the car...i sold it and it came back to me (long story) but it was in need of a lot of work and I was preparing to move overseas so I just dumped it on the market - a guy turned up straight away with a car trailer and fist full of cash.   I should have just found a shed and parked it for 5-10 years until I had interest in it again.  Regrets?  Hard to say.  So much emotion and history can get tied up with a car, especially if you have it while young and foolish.  Getting rid of it the first time was part of moving on up in the world (the replacement had air-con!)  and getting rid of it the second time was about moving to the other side of the world.  

I'd be interested to see if it ever got restored and I would love to see it again but I don't think I regret letting it go, nor would I want to own it again.  But I think we'd all like to be like Erik Bana and still have the beast that first captured us.

Bet this guy thought selling his '55 356 and chopping his targa with rs engine into this speedster was a good idea..

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/porsche/911/1631865.html

It's never a good time to chop up a perfectly good car and put a stupid bodykit on. This should be hung in the office if every body shop throughout the land, next to those 'don't ask for credit' signs.

He said the donor had the 2.7 engine and this one the 3.6 twin plug. But did he have a real 2.7RS engine (unlikely) and if he did , dumb to sell it.

titled in CA as a 1973 911 Porsche with insurance at $16.mo

Wouldn't get away with that in Oz , eh?

Nope, the muppet sold the RS motor:

"1990 3.6L twin plug engine(installed in '97/sold RS motor to collector)"

Sold the valuable motor and chopped up the chassis.

Why even bother mentioning the original motor in the ad - all it does is highlight the travesty of what has happened.

Why even bother mentioning the original motor in the ad - all it does is highlight the travesty of what has happened.

He clearly isn't concerned , has had years of fun and feels proud of his rare build. Power to the comrade!!!

hey guys, there is a green 1968 911 on ebay for auction in LA. I don't know how to post the link, sorry. 

any thoughts on its originality condition etc. the story is an odd one

im interested but this is clearly not my area of knowledge 

eng 3380434

vin11835702

cheers hughesy

hey guys, there is a green 1968 911 on ebay for auction in LA. I don't know how to post the link, sorry.

any thoughts on its originality condition etc. the story is an odd one

im interested but this is clearly not my area of knowledge

eng 3380434

vin11835702

cheers hughesy

RUN. Faster. HIDE

IT has been around long time. Flipper keeps bidding it up himself until it closes with no other bids...then gets relisted

From our friends

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?101328-FS-eBay-1968-Porsche-911-SUNROOF-MATCHING-Original-Californian-Car!&highlight=11835702

Just watched the Wheeler Dealers 993 refurb. There was some serious underbody rust! We are so lucky in Oz.

Anyway the new owner tried to flip it , by the look of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-993-Targa-Wheeler-Dealers-Car-2014-/191122569269

This caught my eye ; is this true???

tiptronics require regular rebuilds