What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

awesome, isnt it.

I would be keen to try to import a car like this, if I had more of an idea about peoples attitudes to LHD.

I've only ever driven an auto LHD.. when I was in the USA...

I've never driven a Manual LHD here in Aus... but I imagine it would add to the experience of owning something unique.

As a newly minted manual LHD owner, it's a breeze.  It also makes it a bit different and special when you go for a drive.  A 911 is so narrow compared to modern cars it makes practically no difference anyway.

I let a friend of mine have a test drive on the weekend.  He had never even sat in a LHD in his life.  Apart from a couple of cats-eyes thumping incidents, he was all over it within 10 minutes.

Peoples attitudes - well, this will change over time.  In the American classics world, its now a given to see LHD.  For European classics, this wont be far behind.  The LHD gate is open and the horses have bolted -LHD is here to stay in Australia.  You can always re-export it when you get bored if the local market won't bite.  A lot more buyers in the world driving on the right.

If was going to import a great car like this I think I would leave it a left hook.

You're right Coastr, it's not hard to get the hang of the mechanics of it but road position might take a little longer. I driven all over the world both left & right side of car/road that is usually what you have to think about the most.

That's just p0rn0graphic

Shame the tiller is on the wrong side  :ph34r:

I think I could get used to it.

How much more to get an equivalent RHD car? $50k? More?

If you kept it for ten years that would be like receiving $100 / week to sit on the other side of the car.

Good work if you can get it.