What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

I don't know whether this has been discussed, as it was sold in March 2017, but this is a car that could have been yours for AU$100,000 in 1982 or thereabouts.  

http://www.racecar.com/News/84890/Auction/1977-Porsche-934-5-on-offer-at-Amelia-Island

I remember watching this 934 racing at Amaroo Park against the other 934, driven by Alan Moffat, now owned by Bowden, which you could have had for AU$120,000

5 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

I don't know whether this has been discussed, as it was sold in March 2017, but this is a car that could have been yours for AU$100,000.  

http://www.racecar.com/News/84890/Auction/1977-Porsche-934-5-on-offer-at-Amelia-Island

I remember watching this 934 racing at Amaroo Park against the other 934, driven by Alan Moffat, now owned by Bowden, which you could have had for AU$120,000

Whoa!! In a year that's a better profit than bitcoin! was!! - $100k Aust to ""Estimate: $1,400,000 - $1,600,000"" US

20 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Whoa!! In a year that's a better profit than bitcoin! was!! - $100k Aust to ""Estimate: $1,400,000 - $1,600,000"" US

Not quite, these cars were sold at the end of there racing in Australia around 1982.

13 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ahh my bad, I misread, thought it was sold at 100 in March 17 and going for sale Feb 18 - Still a nice little earner. And a fantastic car, wish it was in my garage!

It's ok, the way I wrote the intro was misleading, so I have modified it now.

16 hours ago, DJM said:

I'd have this for the current bid of US$41k (A$50k) with a day to go....

not sure about out orange on platinum though ?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-porsche-rs-style-3-6-backdate-coupe/

Could something like this hot rod be eligible to be imported here under the pre 89 rule? Or would the mods and updated engine put it out of contention?

3 hours ago, vinnytang said:

Could something like this hot rod be eligible to be imported here under the pre 89 rule? Or would the mods and updated engine put it out of contention?

I doubt it, as it's been modified, yet that's SA rules being that it must be period correct as a Lefty 

Yes you can import it and drive it.  Registering it will depend on the state.  I imagine it is doable given cars like it are registered already.

Platinum - all the cool kids have it!

I’ll also add you’d never put that together for the money being asked.  Finding an SC roller and 3.6 .... $$$

44 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Yes you can import it and drive it.  Registering it will depend on the state.  I imagine it is doable given cars like it are registered already.

I’ll also add you’d never put that together for the money being asked.  Finding an SC roller and 3.6 .... $$$

YES - buy it! You can drive it in Vic as this is pretty much the build of my car (seems that only SA is problematical for now). Excellent investment.

A good G Series donor body plus a good 3.6 from a Euro 993 are very hard to find here for any money.

Big engine has been a non-issue here. I wouldn't sell for under $75K and prices are on the rise again.