Jump to content
TrevMcRev

What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Maybe if a few of us got together we could buy it. I'll start with $50 ?

 

I was going to suggest that!

I'm more than willing to store it safely on Tassy's roads, and you can have a go when you visit :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, symsy said:

Anyone faced off with the import challenges in recent times ..?? 

I started the process in March and just got my car home last week.(USA to Adelaide).

Definitely not a process for the impatient buyer.

I paid to have the asbestos certification done in LA ( $900)

However I also fell victim to a random guns\drugs search where the container was removed from the ship by U S customs and searched, which meant a) the container missed that ship and b) it cost an extra $4500 in search fees.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 9er said:

it cost an extra $4500 in search fees.

How does that work?? If the find guns or drugs ok, but if you just win the world crappiest lottery and they pick your container you pay for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MFX said:

How does that work?? If the find guns or drugs ok, but if you just win the world crappiest lottery and they pick your container you pay for it?

Yep, out of pocket and another week or two of waiting.

Third time I've done it, and the first time I've been hit although word is that the new Trump administration may have something to do with it.

The car was well worth it in the end though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 9er said:

Yep, out of pocket and another week or two of waiting.

Third time I've done it, and the first time I've been hit although word is that the new Trump administration may have something to do with it.

The car was well worth it in the end though?

My appetite for importing is decreasing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 9er said:

Yep, out of pocket and another week or two of waiting.

Third time I've done it, and the first time I've been hit although word is that the new Trump administration may have something to do with it.

The car was well worth it in the end though?

cool, what did you import?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 9er said:

camaro_zpsxxa270zj.jpg

Also like this, more deets please Chris ( if that’s allowed on a P car forum).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car is a 1968 SS Camaro 350 (295 HP) 4 speed Muncie California car.

Full matching numbers in original Seafrost Green.

All original sheet metal blah, blah, blah.

camaronew_zpslnedxm25.jpg

camaronew2_zps7z48su8h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone been down the Japan import route?

caught my eye recently and seems there are some good cars there in rhd. 

Im tipping the catch is all the on costs of bringing it into Australia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JB said:

Anyone been down the Japan import route?

caught my eye recently and seems there are some good cars there in rhd. 

Im tipping the catch is all the on costs of bringing it into Australia?

Yes - I have done a personal import from J. Over the years, I have had imports from UK, US & HK as well, however J. was the by far the best. 

The Japs sell millions of used cars to overseas & their inspection, auction and shipping systems are excellent (& trustworthy too). The shipping cost to Au. was surprisingly cheap. When my Skyline got here the paperwork was quick & uncomplicated as well. The Au. gov however, does like to  'modify' their rules all the time - so do some Googling about things like asbestos inspections & the like to get up-to-date info.

I am considering getting an original style (1944) Jeep from Japan as Mitsubishi makes (made?) them under licence in RHD with their own 'modern' engine  & stuff, so seriously retro. There's lotsa cool stuff like that over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21 July 2018 at 3:13 PM, JB said:

Anyone been down the Japan import route?

caught my eye recently and seems there are some good cars there in rhd. 

Im tipping the catch is all the on costs of bringing it into Australia?

Yes just dont believe the mileages …and just watch chassis rust , had some good results buying...

Import easy as , its the local compliance crooks hat you have to watch out for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 5:29 PM, symsy said:

Yes just dont believe the mileages …and just watch chassis rust , had some good results buying...

Import easy as , its the local compliance crooks hat you have to watch out for 

Way off but a consideration to get a daily that I can mod up and be like the cool kids.

if you get one of these companies to do it all for you are you restricted to what can be brought in under revs? Or you have to go down the pre 89 route,?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some amazing cars coming up as part of the Wayne Plit collection auction next week, this 924CGT was what originally caught my eye but there is a 964RS and other Pcars in the mix too

http://www.coys.co.uk/the-wayne-plit-collection#auction-lots

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1980-porsche-924-carrera-gt

PlitCollection-135.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Very tasty 964 Turbo hotrod on BAT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-porsche-965-2/ 

 

 

Porsche hotrod.jpg

Did someone say, 'hotrod'?  Ooh yeah, looks the goods. Where do I sign up? Getty design duck? Who knew. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Very tasty 964 Turbo hotrod on BAT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-porsche-965-2/ 

 

 

Porsche hotrod.jpg

Watch the video... loud! What an great sounding car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new here and hope to become an active member in the future, buying my first Porsche soon?

I'm living in France at present and planning to move back to AUS in a couple of years. So you can imagine my questions:

-what would you do? Come with a Porsche in my luggage? 

-import in UK Porsche to France first to have it RHD? 

-why model and year to pick? 

I look forward to reading your opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Framar said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new here and hope to become an active member in the future, buying my first Porsche soon?

I'm living in France at present and planning to move back to AUS in a couple of years. So you can imagine my questions:

-what would you do? Come with a Porsche in my luggage? 

-import in UK Porsche to France first to have it RHD? 

-why model and year to pick? 

I look forward to reading your opinions

Imo only bring one with you if it is special to you or special to the market or an absolute screaming bargain to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you qualify & meet the rules for bringing back your car after 2(?) years ownership. 

Get a RHD after a thorough check for rust. (Can you keep one in France without being taxed/penalised unfairly?)

A 996 - early one - is probably the only car thats cheaper in Europe than it is here now. 

These days it doesn't make financial sense to do this, so unless you find a car you really love. I wouldnt bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...