What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

At the Gooding & Co. auction over the weekend, there were some strong prices but this one just made me so frustrated with the Australian-delivered premium:

996 GT2 with 5 k miles for USD 126,500.

Yep, I know there's the auctioneer's fee, shipping and import duties, but still!

And for once it wasn't a Fezza that set the auction record.

1 hour ago, MezgerMan said:

At the Gooding & Co. auction over the weekend, there were some strong prices but this one just made me so frustrated with the Australian-delivered premium:

Yep, I know there's the auctioneer's fee, shipping and import duties, but still!

And for once it wasn't a Fezza that set the auction record.

here is an auction where the Fezza was the BIG record.

Sent to me recently - apologies if its old news. 

2 hours ago, MezgerMan said:

I'm not sure there is such a premium ..... that's $200K Australian sitting at Goodings with premium before you pay transport to the docks, shipping, insurance and import duties to Australia ..... it will owe you at least as much as the 2 for sale in Australia at $275K before you negotiate ..... and it's LHD

• 3 months later...
On 25/08/2018 at 17:14, Zelrik911 said:

Make sure you qualify & meet the rules for bringing back your car after 2(?) years ownership. 

Get a RHD after a thorough check for rust. (Can you keep one in France without being taxed/penalised unfairly?)

A 996 - early one - is probably the only car thats cheaper in Europe than it is here now. 

These days it doesn't make financial sense to do this, so unless you find a car you really love. I wouldnt bother.

On the contrary - if you own one in France and do cool stuff with it then why not bring it in.  You only need to own it for 12 months before you can bring it in, no questions asked.  Just have to pay 10% duty and 10% GST on it.  The value it is calculated on is done by the importer and is not necessarily the market value (because you can't sell it for market value until it is registered)

You will need a RHD if it's under 30 years, or 15 years depending on your intended state you're going to move to.

If getting from Europe (UK or Ireland) then be prepared for rust.   That is a deal killer because you can buy non-rusty cars in Australia.

As said a 996 might be a good buy, or just something that takes your fancy.  Not everything has to be for a profit.  It's a lot of paperwork and waiting but if your cars 'story' matters to you and you like to keep them for a very long time it can be fun.

I guess that is agreeing with 'a car you really love'.  If you're trying to do it to flip a profit it won't work.

Fuchs(#1) , air cooled(#1) flat 4 Suby(#2) , old man Porsche DNA in there somewhere , coffee & cars kid magnet
For that little spare garage spot/stacker, two to choose from. The ultimate otlw for grid lock traffic & boulevardieres , cos they'd be hopeless offroad (#2)
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/12/19/thing-1-and-thing-2-to-cause-mischief-on-two-different-auction-blocks-in-january/?refer=news

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got sent this today

2019 gt3RS

. Only 700 miles. Fresh motor, PDK, Ceramic brakes, Carbon fiber hoods and front right side fender and rear bumpers and fenders and Wing , Carbon fiber Bucket Seats. 3 wheels(1 is damaged), magnesium roof, two headlamps(only the cover of the right one is damaged) etc… There are a lot of parts you can use/sell. 

110k USD

Repair estimate :$125k

700 miles!

345F3609-515D-4235-B72F-9A5959972FAF.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 05:00, Coastr said:

That was a steal, and somebody stole it.  $26k is very good buying for a running driving air cooled 911 of any flavour.

Tim's Targa for sale here in the sale section would work out to be cheaper than this car.

5 hours ago, 9er said:

Tim's Targa for sale here in the sale section would work out to be cheaper than this car.

Yes it's a steal for the money as well.  I get the sense everyone is waiting to see where prices go.  Meanwhile lots of good driving and fun is un-had worrying if you'll be up or down 10k in 5 years. Stupidly I did that for years instead of pulling the trigger earlier.  Anyone thinking about it should just do with the targa.  

When dealers are delivering cars daily that lose 10k+ for each that leaves the lot.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rare and desirable track day weapon?! 

2019 Porsche 935 'Moby Dick' (build slot - delivery July 2019)

Priced at €1,500,000, double what the owner would have paid. No doubt he won't be popular with his local Porsche dealership.

823894030_mobydick.thumb.jpg.d6b4011430178eb2a3c50d5496f4e378.jpg

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/102790/2019-porsche-935-moby-dick-19th-july-delivery

Australian buyer beware; LHD, probably not road registerable in Australia, sale might fall through, possibly not able to import to Australia (although new rules coming in might make this an option), probably too expensive to take racing.

But man, you would get a lot of cred rolling up to Phillip Island in this :)

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Your very own cartoon car for 1.5M Euro.  Is it just me or do others think this looks comical, nothing like the raw, tough original 935s

I get the idea behind it, but it's a bit too try hard and a lot of wedge for a track hack. Someone will buy it for its exclusivity