What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, PomBstard said:

How about a one-owner-from-new, 1991 964 Carrera 2, manual, coupe? Guards Red with full black leather and apparently just 34,000 miles...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112290872219

I've been in the UK for a couple of months, I keep looking at that advert. I wonder why it has been on the market for so long.

I'm thinking about shipping my 964 from Australia to the UK. Anyone know a good shipping agent?

42 minutes ago, tomo said:

One owner and no history might be the stalling point .

Says its been maintained by one Porsche garage for the whole time - if true, I would expect records to be available. Also MOT records in the UK are searchable by anyone and give details of all and any failures and/or advisories. Its also a good way to tally mileage over time.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

I've been in the UK for a couple of months, I keep looking at that advert. I wonder why it has been on the market for so long.

I'm thinking about shipping my 964 from Australia to the UK. Anyone know a good shipping agent?

I dont think you can Register a car in UK from overseas - anymore. 

Check it out first. If your 964 was on UK roads originally then its  Ok to re-import.

19 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I dont think you can Register a car in UK from overseas - anymore. 

Check it out first. If your 964 was on UK roads originally then its  Ok to re-import.

Would be v surprised if that's the case, esp with the number of cars from the rest of Europe that get relocated to the UK. Also, Gov.UK webpage has advice, so would presume no probs...

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk