Insurance Time - Again

murf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had my renewal roll in... WTF!

Was with AAMI, just because it was easy when I first got the car as I had multiple other cars with them.

They've knocked the value down to $49,500 from 1st year $70K, 2nd year $60K...and wanted $2200 for the privelige!

I looked closer at values on carsales, knowing we 996 owners are the red-headed stepchild of the 911 clique, and was surprised by the value when looking at these using the same filters as when I bought...  It's easy to think they're cheap if you look at ALL 996's, but narrow it to MK2, Coupe, Manual, C2, Aus Del,  and there are only 5-6 cars on the market!  (No offence to MK1 Tip Cab owners!)

Shannons offered $60K for $1290.

Ryno was $70K for $1020!  I'll switch to them thanks!

Just had my renewal roll in... WTF!

Was with AAMI, just because it was easy when I first got the car as I had multiple other cars with them.

They've knocked the value down to $49,500 from 1st year $70K, 2nd year $60K...and wanted $2200 for the privelige!

I looked closer at values on carsales, knowing we 996 owners are the red-headed stepchild of the 911 clique, and was surprised by the value when looking at these using the same filters as when I bought...  It's easy to think they're cheap if you look at ALL 996's, but narrow it to MK2, Coupe, Manual, C2, Aus Del,  and there are only 5-6 cars on the market!  (No offence to MK1 Tip Cab owners!)

Shannons offered $60K for $1290.

Ryno was $70K for $1020!  I'll switch to them thanks!

Just doesn't pay to be loyal! 

Ryno wouldn't touch newer than 1989 when I called a few months back! Weird... 

Ryno wouldn't touch newer than 1989 when I called a few months back! Weird... 

I saw your comment on that just now...  The guy had to check, but with non-daily 5000k-ish use was ok.

I spoke to a guy called Brendan.  I mentioned several people on here referred me. He really seemed to understand our cars.  Asked a lot about the spec, not just typical "What options?" but colour combo etc to determine desirability to better understand market value.  Eg. when I said Arctic Silver & Blue he's like "Oh not black interior but still a desirable combo, not like it's burgandy & tan or anything!"  He knew the Porsche market feel of manual vs tip, coupe vs cab, C2 vs C4 etc.

I would try them again.

I just insured with NRMA Classic Car Insurance for 60K  & $1K excess for $558.34. They offered to insure my car up to 80K 

On a 964 C2 i would have taken them up on their $80K....  If you think it's worth $60K i'll send you a cheque now ;)

On a 964 C2 i would have taken them up on their $80K....  If you think it's worth $60K i'll send you a cheque now ;)

Yes I know the car and its definitely worth the money, especially after the accident its really good on tyres now that only three of the wheels are touching the ground:ph34r:

This may be surprising as it was to me but after doing the rounds (Shannons, Lumley, Ryno, NRMA VVC etc.) last renewal time I went with Porsche Insurance. They had by far the best terms, lowest premium for the agreed value, plus also understood where the market was, and is now with our cars.

I just added our newest 964 with them last week, very happy.

This may be surprising as it was to me but after doing the rounds (Shannons, Lumley, Ryno, NRMA VVC etc.) last renewal time I went with Porsche Insurance. They had by far the best terms, lowest premium for the agreed value, plus also understood where the market was, and is now with our cars.

I just added our newest 964 with them last week, very happy.

this is surprising.... I am close to changing to Porsche insurance (this week) and given the current market I asked to up the insured value... I was told they could not up it? 

Hoping to resolve this tomorrow with the business manager at the dealer.

can I ask who you went through? 

this is surprising.... I am close to changing to Porsche insurance (this week) and given the current market I asked to up the insured value... I was told they could not up it? 

PM Sent

I spoke direct with Joe at Porsche Insurance, great to deal with.

PM Sent

Got it, thanks for that mate! I spoke with Joe today and he's onboard with it all... just had to send in some photos! I'll let you know how it works out. 

I spoke direct with Joe at Porsche Insurance, great to deal with.

Agree! Thanks to itsujack for helping with some contact details. 

Good news this morning, Joe called and advised me they will cover the car for an increased value as requested. :) 

The cover inclusions by Porsche insurance can't be beat either! 

Good to hear ;)

Good news this morning, Joe called and advised me they will cover the car for an increased value as requested. :) 

The cover inclusions by Porsche insurance can't be beat either! 

Sounds like I need to speak to Joe. Can someone PM me his number.

Just got a (new to me) 1997 Boxster. NRMA insurance $820 fully comp including glass cover with $800 excess. Living in Sydney puts price up quite a bit. Believe it or not they were cheaper than Shannon's for exactly same cover! Shannon's just on $1000. Not sure if that helps anyone.

Archived