Insurance Time - Again

murf

Can someone Just post Joes number , it sound like he deserves the advertisement , maybe he can start a quote thread on the forum 

now now, let's not take the fun out of porsche ownership.  It's always been about uncovering the amazing deals - not just reading an ad!!  :)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been through what we all wish to avoid, a big shunt in their car! Car was a complete write off.

Shannons are my insurance company and no hesitation to pay out my agreed value policy. Thumbs up to Shannons!

Was a little bit and back or forwards due to trying to deal with the call centre and the local guys on the ground - they do not always communicate all!

But at the end of the day I got all my money and am now on the lookout for a Porsche :)

Not the recommended way to get a new car though......

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd share my phone conversation this afternoon with the insurance company .....

I'm currently insured with Ryno for an agreed value of $60k. After all the hype over values, and the sharp rise in them,  I thought I'd better re-visit it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ..... I treat insurance as a way and a means to be able to replace my car if the worst should happen. At $60k, in this market, I would find it hard to get a left hooker that has been converted.

After a 5 minute conversation, I have now upped my insured value to ....... $85k ..... for a rise in premium of $57.

The fellow on the other end of the phone seemed to understand the air cooled market and what it has been doing. I also pointed out the 2 x SC's from AH for $95k which he found on carsales.

It was refreshing, to say the least, to deal with an insurance that understands the market and more importantly, moves with it.

If you haven't visited your insured value for the past few months, I would recommend you do so .....

Likewise for me with Ryno.  My car was (under) insured for $52k and I rang a few weeks ago about getting it increased.  The guy on thened of the phone seemed pretty

informed about current prices and quoted $90k (ish), but wanted me to send a couple of photos.  Once he received the photos he immediately called back and told

me he would advise $110K insurance value.  (I nearly fell off the chair!).  Premium increase was about $200 a year.

I guess the only real test for insurance is the one no one wants...the crash test...but lets hope not eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I had a chat with RACV about their Veteran & Vintage & Classic car insurance.  They were surprisingly competitive.  I got a quote for limited use, choice of repairer, salvage rights, yada yada yada..with the agreed value bumped by 20K to match today's market value.  It was about the same as my current Lumley premium and included RACV Extra Care roadside assist.  Even more interesting, they don't discount for car club members but there was the $200 discount if i have Club Permit rego.

The numbers are really adding up to ditch the full rego  :mellow:   

Today I had a chat with RACV about their Veteran & Vintage & Classic car insurance.  They were surprisingly competitive.  I got a quote for limited use, choice of repairer, salvage rights, yada yada yada..with the agreed value bumped by 20K to match today's market value.  It was about the same as my current Lumley premium and included RACV Extra Care roadside assist.  Even more interesting, they don't discount for car club members but there was the $200 discount if i have Club Permit rego.

The numbers are really adding up to ditch the full rego  :mellow:   

Clubbing two of our cars too this week. Big savings to be made! :D

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone actually made a claim against their Ryno policy?

After two recent so so contacts with Shannons - quote for my new bike and arranging the quarterly 911 market value hike - I sought a quote from Ryno and was very pleasantly surprised, even with a substantial increase in combined market values.  Just like to know what Ryno is like to deal with if the unlikely but possible occurs!

EDIT:  A Google search or three hasn't uncovered anything untoward with everything I found just replicating this experience: http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/4260-ryno-insurance/

Time to read the PDS I guess!

Peter,

I am in the same situation.  Ryno seem very competitively priced and the team there are passionate about cars.  I am concerned they use Lloyds as their insurer as well as in event of a claim it may cause delays in event of a claim.

Or maybe not, and we both just worry too much!

I think you maybe right Giuseppe!

I've gone with Ryno today after a couple years with Shannons.  Going to a restricted driver policy has meant the end to car swapping though but the saving in the annual policy was hard to ignore.

• 3 weeks later...

Just renewed with RACV Classic today. They agreed on $120k value for my 3.2 after a 5 minute call to the under writer. Cost me a couple hundred more in premiums though but are still way less than Shannon's and others and I have a 9,000km limit. I've claimed with RACV when I hit the kangaroo and there were no issues.

Archived