Feeling White.................

hugh

As some of you may already know I was pretty disappointed to have missed out on a 964 that came up for sale last month in WA. It sold within a very short time of hitting the interwebs and I was in the long queue of people who missed out. Feeling shattered (but not surprised), I left my number with the current owner (who was a really nice guy!) and doubted I would ever hear from him with the likely hood of the current deal falling through pretty slim................"If it was meant to be it will be" I said to myself.

Well, it must have been meant to be as a few days later I got the call, the previous deal had fallen through (foreign buyer/investor). A deal was done and before I knew it I had bought my long awaited second Porsche. Stressful but well worth the pain or at least I hope so as I am still yet to meet it!

After a delay in WA due to a train derailment it looks like it is on its way (if I can decode the cryptic tracking information correctly), hopefully will arrive sometime next week? (fingers crossed!)

Anyway, for those unaware of the car here she is..................

IMG_0303_zps2d77afe0.jpg

IMG_0319_zps7e1655ec.jpg

IMG_0329_zpse843b29a.jpg

And the hi vis man taking her off to the depot...............

IMG_0330_zpsa8190cb9.jpg

For those curious as to why I bought this car, as an addicted Porsche lurker (aren't we all!) I spend most of what little free time I have perving on Porsche's. Whilst there are a lot of nice cars out there, some come and go but every now and then one just grabs you. Aside from meeting a particular criteria that interests me, there was something else about this car that made me pick up the phone? That was almost 3 weeks ago and I have still not given it a second thought - my own 'mail order Porsche', younger and somewhat more refined to my current model (not that I'm comparing!)  ;)

Buying my first Porsche is something I have never regretted (although many people assumed I would). Here's hoping that this latest addition brings me that same pleasure for ownership and the marque that I know we all share. 

Cheers, Hugh. 

(P.S I hope you don't mind me borrowing your title Simon although it should be noted this will be my only white car!)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugh.

Great buying, if that is the ex PCWA pres car then you will be a happy man. Well done.

As much as I am keen to see some photos of the white knight, I have been admiring that tiny photo of your red 77 Carrera for months. I would love to see some shots of that too as it looks very smart.

Hugh.

Great buying, if that is the ex PCWA pres car then you will be a happy man. Well done.

As much as I am keen to see some photos of the white knight, I have been admiring that tiny photo of your red 77 Carrera for months. I would love to see some shots of that too as it looks very smart.

Thanks guys, feeling the love!

Very, very nice mate!!!

You've done well. I am suffering a little"multiple Porsche envy" at the moment.

Looking forward to catching up on the next SMT.

Well done Hugh!

Its a great car, and you will love it Im sure.

The former owner really knows his stuff.

Some 911's have a good soul, and that car is one of those.

Your white 911 and mine are probably on the same transporter....

After 8 years of ownership of my 964 C2 and going on for 20 years of Porsche ownership I just keep saying "This is the best Porsche I have ever driven." and that includes Cayman S, 996 Turbo and many other Porsches.

The A/C is rubbish, its noisy, hard suspension, bloody awful around town, hard to get in and out of and I love ever moment in it.

Hope your experience with the car id equal or better than mine

As much as I am looking forward to hopefully finding that illusive long hood this came up and I have always really liked them. When I bought my impact bumper 10 years ago they were a cheap (relatively) under rated 911, now they are somewhat desirable and quite highly sought after. <_<  

Personally I think the 964 has been previously dismissed, sitting in the shadow of the 993, but something about them has always interested me. Now it seems the 964 is becoming more sought after, especially seeing the fight I had to get this one. I am looking forward to having a Porsche I can drive 'normally' again as the red one made the transition into a pig (fun pig though!) not so long ago and I don't plan to make many (if any) changes to this one......................famous last words I know. 

It will be fun though as I now have a 911 I can take all my boys for a run in a somewhat more comfortable and civilized manner!  :D

Archived