Feeling White.................

hugh

Ahhh congratulations Hugh! What a beauty she is. I think the 964 is the better looking 911 compared to the 993. So I'm totally on board with your choice here.

Enjoy her, although I don't think you'll need any prompting to do that.

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify, I never said I didn't like the look of the 993 - was just referring to the 964 being in "its shadow". Kind of like Brad Pitt (993) and his Brother Doug Pitt (964)  :ph34r:  ;)  :D

Just to clarify, I never said I didn't like the look of the 993 - was just referring to the 964 being in "its shadow". Kind of like Brad Pitt (993) and his Brother Doug Pitt (964)  :ph34r:  ;)  :D

I thought Bradd`s brothers name was Arm

Nice on fella. Any 'Hugh touches' going to be added or leave it alone?

I highly doubt the latter! :-)

It's pretty much exactly how I'd like a 964 but have been thinking about a few minor mods - sure I'll find something! Definitely not to the extent of my current car, this car is too good.

I might see if tit wants to sell me his old tail................!

As much as I am looking forward to hopefully finding that illusive long hood this came up and I have always really liked them. When I bought my impact bumper 10 years ago they were a cheap (relatively) under rated 911, now they are somewhat desirable and quite highly sought after. <_<  

Personally I think the 964 has been previously dismissed, sitting in the shadow of the 993, but something about them has always interested me. Now it seems the 964 is becoming more sought after, especially seeing the fight I had to get this one. I am looking forward to having a Porsche I can drive 'normally' again as the red one made the transition into a pig (fun pig though!) not so long ago and I don't plan to make many (if any) changes to this one......................famous last words I know. 

It will be fun though as I now have a 911 I can take all my boys for a run in a somewhat more comfortable and civilized manner!  :D

So we wait for that thread  "how low can a 964 go"  :D  :lol:  :lol:

Sensational looking car Hugh.

I've got to ship my 3.2 Cabriolet to Perth from Sydney in the next couple of months - matter of interest, how did you end up getting yours from Perth?

Thanks

Rob

Sensational looking car Hugh.

I've got to ship my 3.2 Cabriolet to Perth from Sydney in the next couple of months - matter of interest, how did you end up getting yours from Perth?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I ended up using CEVA:

http://www.cevacarcarrying.com.au/

The previous owner has used them before and recommended them. I then also checked in with 2 other PFA members who have purchased/sent cars across from WA and they had both used CEVA without issue. I used their 'covered' service that involves being transported in a container via train. I'm yet to pick up the car but hopefully will not have any nasty surprises as a result of transport - I had the car extensively documented prior to being loaded as a precaution.

Depending on the insured value of your car you could expect to pay anything from $600-$800 depot to depot. 

Hope that helps! 

Archived