Feeling White.................

hugh

congrats Hugh, so what are the plans for the 964?

ps. i was looking at the same car to buy also when i saw it pop up on carsales.

No real plans at this stage aside from some Euro plates and Coco floor mats, just some minor things to make it mine - O' and strap some seats in the back so the boys can ride in it.........................

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting close now Hugh!

Arrived in Melbourne I see.

Every time I check on my shipping, I check on yours :-)

Sort of stalking your 911 really.

Ive even got your rego number down pat.

Sad, I really should get out more.

Best call CEVA and hustle them a bit. They are notorious for forgetting to call you. Usually you can collect it earlier than promised.

I used them as well.

Mine was delivered to my town.

They said the last shipment from Brisvegus would be done when other vehicles where scheduled for delivery. I asked the guy to make it happen for my birthday. He he agreed to do it, then I sent him the 20 as a gift for his kindness.

Not a p car.

Getting close now Hugh!

Arrived in Melbourne I see.

Every time I check on my shipping, I check on yours :-)

Sort of stalking your 911 really.

Ive even got your rego number down pat.

Sad, I really should get out more.

Best call CEVA and hustle them a bit. They are notorious for forgetting to call you. Usually you can collect it earlier than promised.

I checked it yesterday before lunch..................still in progress  :(

Checked again after lunch for the sake of it.................green tick!  :)

Called them yesterday and they said it had arrived but to leave it until today to make sure it had been unloaded. Feeling quite nervous, I'm guessing it's like meeting someone in person for the first time that you started an online relationship with.  :unsure:

Love that your keeping an eye on it for me ;)  - when are you due to arrive to pick up yours? 

Congrats Hugh!

I am awaiting today for my vintage motorbike to be delivered.

2-3 months since I paid - put on a boat - passed AQIS yesterday no issues.

Has been release - now just waiting for it to be delivered to house.

Was cheaper for me to work and have it delivered rather then pick it up.

Being the wife ain't keen on it - hope she is out when its delivered. LOL

Can't to see the car at a breakfast.

Murf

That's the spirit!

I needed those on the clubmini run I went on - half way thru the black spur I started feeling awfully car sick. And I was driving!

Congratulations Hugh looks magic in White. Iwould go so far to say its a rare colour. And if I can throw my 2cents worth in ...leave it as it is, as that is a reason people were chasing it enjoy it.

Congrats again.

Graeme

Love that 964RS mimicking stance and I reckon in white it looks even better. Look forward to seeing and hearing in the flesh on a Peninsula run soon.

Love that 964RS mimicking stance and I reckon in white it looks even better. Look forward to seeing and hearing in the flesh on a Peninsula run soon.

I'll be that little white spec in your rear view mirror!

I'm hanging to hear your thoughts about the '77 3.0 vs the 964, but it might be too early...

I bought my 964 after owning a '76 2.7 (now belonging to SteveF) for 5 years. After my maiden (very timid) voyage in the 964, I was almost wanting to give it back. It seemed far too comfortable and refined, compared with the sensory assault and rawness of the earlier car.

But like a fine wine, the more I consumed, the better she got. I realised over time that the raw inputs of the earlier car are still there with the 964, it's just that you have to listen more closely for them. And it's in learning to listen to it that this car truly rewards. The 964 IS more refined, but that is because it is far more capable.

Hope you're having as much fun getting to know yours.

• 2 years later...

No Garage Queen and Clay Bar don't belong in the same thread :D

Those photos are sensational, magazine worthy - car looks sensational

Bit of a contradiction isn't it? :lol: Thanks mate - Clarence takes great pics, you should hit him up! ;)

Archived