WTB : porsche 964 manual c2 or c4

180athid

Hi members 

Name is Athid and looking at having my first taste of that Porsche passion. 

ive currently been looking high and low for the perfect car, a fellow member has advised that i post up as most of these cars sell before even hitting the market. hopefully i have some luck with finding one soon :)

currently looking for a c2 or c4 manual thats not guards red 

any help would be much appreciated 

Welcome Athid to PFA.

This is starting to sound like a common story, looking for a 964. 

The C4 is certainly more common than the C2, which seems to be the preffered model.

Get your finances together and have them ready, because when the right car comes along you won't have a great deal of time to think about it.

Hi Athid. Perhaps also get acquainted with a few reputable porsche mechanics and tell them what you're looking for. They often know what's about to hit the market.

Hi Athid. Perhaps also get acquainted with a few reputable porsche mechanics and tell them what you're looking for. They often know what's about to hit the market.

+1, worth doing this. 

I'm still getting to know mine but I can say that they are a great 911 to be considering, best of luck on the search. 

thanks for the advise guys.

i currently am communicating to most Porsche mechanics in Melbourne as they purchase the Motul rbf600 off me. but get the usual response of "ill let you know if one comes up " with the important word being IF hahaha :)

+2

Precisely what I did

In addition to knowing what might be coming on the market, they will know the history of the car and any work that needs doing.

+1, worth doing this. 

I'm still getting to know mine but I can say that they are a great 911 to be considering, best of luck on the search. 

hugh you wouldn't of just purchased the white c2 from perth ?

hugh you wouldn't of just purchased the white c2 from perth ?

Yes, that's the one. Ended up buying sight unseen but cant say I'm disappointed, the PO was a very good guy so no nasty surprises thankfully.  

thanks for the advise guys.

i currently am communicating to most Porsche mechanics in Melbourne as they purchase the Motul rbf600 off me. but get the usual response of "ill let you know if one comes up " with the important word being IF hahaha :)

Sold my C2 that way earlier in the year. Dropped car off to have work done, mechanic said he had a client looking for one and was I ok if he called in to have a look at it. Wasn't really on market but I never saw it again!

Good luck, C2 manuals seem to be very sought after at the moment - the last 2 listed have literally sold within hours. Cash at the ready is the only chance.

Actually, you'll need to do this "research" when you buy your 964 anyway!

Athid,

Ideally a 10(or less)W-50 would be the go for our air cooled cars but I'd be interested in data sheets on 10w-40 or 20w-50 or anything in between. However it is the zinc content that is a key component to have the valve train last in these motors.

Thanks

Peter

Archived