WTB... miscellaneous bits and bobs

Dreamr

Hi All,

I'm looking for some bits to fit in place of some failing parts...

1. Headlight switch (81 SC)

2. Door knob (the little black one that pops up and down)

3. Fan control panel (the one that takes 4 x controls)

If anyone is parting out a car or has something spare you have sitting around and want to sell, please let me know...

Thanks,  Ronny.....

Scrapping a car no longer in use........ meaning no longer in use due to accident damage

(although if you want to sell me some parts from your car regardless of whether you use it or not.... I'm ok with it...) :rolleyes:

Im not.... it must be all those overseas sites I visit.

Shame on them for rubbing off on me.....

Shouldn't that be "…rubbing off of me " to be american speak

…just another dig  ;)

Oh! You guys are in fine form.....

I've got broad shoulders folks..... no need to explain yourselves.... it's like water off a ducks back....

I've got a wife , two teenagers and one that might as well be one, that would put you guys to shame..... don't stop on my account..

(but that isn't an open invitation to continue either...)

Hi All,

I'm looking for some bits to fit in place of some failing parts...

1. Headlight switch (81 SC)

2. Door knob (the little black one that pops up and down)

3. Fan control panel (the one that takes 4 x controls)

If anyone is parting out a car or has something spare you have sitting around and want to sell, please let me know...

Thanks,  Ronny.....

There was a Porsche wrecker on eBay that claimed to have some 911's of our era, might be worth a try for the headlamp switch as they are $200 plus new, not sure what you mean by fan control panel, got a pic? 

Thanks for that info Caledonian.... I will go and have a look on ebay...

I've seen the prices for a new switch. That's why I thought I'd try and find a used one.

Here's a pic of the "fan control panel"...

I only really need the black plastic surround with the information on it but I'm not sure if it's one unit and the fan controls come with it.

Ah! now i see what you mean. My one was broken too, well just the facia but it is a one piece construction and a PITA to replace. I ended up getting one off eBay from Germany, and from what i recall it was $160 land cost with half the cost being postage.

There was a Porsche wrecker on eBay that claimed to have some 911's of our era, might be worth a try for the headlamp switch as they are $200 plus new, not sure what you mean by fan control panel, got a pic?

Is this the one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-930-Damaged-Wrecking-Car-Front-Bumper-/111416016278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19f0e97d96&_uhb=1

IMG_0984_zps40d0d341.jpg

IMG_0983_zps59c78e44.jpg

Its a wondrous bit of engineering, with the plastic riveted to the metal frame….this is my spare because mine is broken too.  Had one attempt at repairing it, but broke again.  Definitely an interesting exercise to replace.

You are such a tease..... (unless you want to sell it)  :)  

Thats the one I need... didn't know it was one piece. I thought I might have been able to buy just the plastic front cover....

I will keep on my search...... :unsure:

Thanks OZ930,

I think that I also want to fit led's to brighten it up a bit..... my controls all work but the front facia is cracked which sometimes dislodges the controls from their tracks....

I was waiting for one of you guys to pick me up on that......

But my eyes are starting to hurt and as I'm not getting any younger....... a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do..... :rolleyes:

Archived