911/30 Front and rear seats

Uncle

I found the seats in my Boxster a little narrow across the shoulders. Good seats but not as nice as the old seats.

Made for skinny hairdressers  :D

:o ……… "INCOMING !!!!!"

The old 'tombstones' would have to be some of the most comfortable seats ever, these were in my 77' originally and were very comfortable. I have been reminded of this with the 964, they are pretty much the same but softer and with slightly bigger shoulder/wrap round support sides - I could happily sleep sitting in those.....................

Good luck with the search. 

I have a set of 1976 front vinyl tan coloured ones that need recovering. Will be out of the car tomorrow and looking for a new home. The backs need to stay though. PM if you want more info.

I was quite happy that the tombstones were about the pinnacle of seating pleasure (I don't have a wide frame) until I got the 928. They're like those big plush home cinema seats , hard to get out of because they're so comfortable. I don't think they would fit a 911 though . Good luck with your search ; pity the standard 911 ones are so exxy in Oz.

Passenger seat, finger is for size comparison

2073CEB5-EAD3-4EEB-8248-7242DC0980B2_zps

Drivers seat, the piping is coming away where it rubs when you get in and out, the base has split. Apparently they had been recovered previously using cheap materials according to the upholsterer 2 doors up from work.

3C78C1B0-7ABB-41DD-8799-780C375E6168_zps

Drivers side seat base

DD0EB3F1-2E14-4CEB-AE8C-B6A29BCF4F6C_zps

DEFD0048-9802-4435-9C9D-B94FCBF6B3A7_zps

Martin

If you are still looking - I have some spare black leather 911 SC front seats that came out of my '78.

They are structurally good (springs & foam) still comfortable, but the bottom of the drivers seat is worn & torn in one spot.

They could be repaired easily. I was going to get around to this but some better ones popped up & I replaced them.

Peter in Melbourne

• 1 month later...

Archived