The Simonk 996 - some personal touches

Today I bought myself a Xmas present. An Alpine PWE-S8 8" powered subwoofer. This fits on the back shelf perfectly behind the rear seats and I'm very happy with the sound it produces. It's obviously not going to pump out the bass of a boxed 10" or 12" but it does an excellent job of providing the low down frequencies that the 5.1/4" front speakers just can't produce. As a comparison, we have the Bose system in our Cayenne with a subwoofer hidden somewhere and the Alpine sub produces more bass than the Bose system.  I guess it's such a small area inside the car, it doesn't take much. If anyone is looking for some bass in there 996 or 997, I highly suggest one of these. It has an RCA input or speaker wire input and a remote control so you can control the sub bass level separately to the rest of the system. I don't see why it couldn't be run off the factory stereo although I'm not sure if the fibre optic systems of the 996.2+ would complicate installation. I'm not 100% sure how to hide it yet. I grabbed some carpet from Bunnings but I'd prefer to get some closer matched to the rest of the car. Anyway, here's a couple pics.

31670497182_beca1c3170.jpgIMG_6248 by Simon K, on Flickr

31445061390_d0379fc46a_z.jpgIMG_6246 by Simon K, on Flickr

31701395501_a7b613e20d_z.jpgIMG_6249 by Simon K, on Flickr

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived