Fresh air vent centre Dash Carrera 3.2 or Late SC

ozracer

Whole unit from early carrera 3.2 or late SC.  Or if you have one in parts two new teeth that direct the air i have two broken tabs and they just flap around.

Any assistance appreciated.

PM or mobile 0431 442 482

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

I successfully repaired one of my vanes that had a broken spigot by cutting a slot about 5mm deep where the spigot used to be and glued in a short (6 or 7mm long ?) length of piano wire (diameter about 1.4mm) to act as the new pivot point. I cut the slot using a small cut off wheel that came with my fake Dremel set. Quick, cheap and not noticeable at all.

The fact that I didn't have much hope of gaining a replacement in the interior colour I have also spurred me on with DIY.....

Guys,

Ignore what I said above, they're all black!

I must have repaired mine because I couldn't see the value in paying $120 for a whole new vent when I could do a simple discrete repair to one vane.

Sorry...

Adam, check pp forums. There is a listing that has the vents for $50 a pair plus shipping of course.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/822737-fs-clean-out-40-years-911-parts.html

I noticed Michel is looking to purchase from him also, perhaps you can work out a shared shipping arrangement.

Tk

Archived