Targa High Country - Porsche tour

Ten Degrees

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have an entry in the classics / thoroughbred class.  Would like to catch up if anyone is interested. For me its been over 20 years since I entered any sort of competitive motorsport event. So this will be the first time out for for me in the 911 and in Group IV guise. Another first will be for my son Karl in the navigators seat, i just hope he enjoys the ride. The car is still coming together with my the guys at Autowerks, Charmhaven NSW mostly due to my continuing to add bits to the build, which seems to have taken on a life of its own! 

Hi guys, I have an entry in the classics / thoroughbred class.  Would like to catch up if anyone is interested. For me its been over 20 years since I entered any sort of competitive motorsport event. So this will be the first time out for for me in the 911 and in Group IV guise. Another first will be for my son Karl in the navigators seat, i just hope he enjoys the ride. The car is still coming together with my the guys at Autowerks, Charmhaven NSW mostly due to my continuing to add bits to the build, which seems to have taken on a life of its own!

You will find the Porsche tour group very friendly & at all the social gatherings, we are easy to spot, we look like competitors but without helmets & race suits & giant cohonas!

Hmmm, I watched high country two years age with Simon and we both thought the tour were amongst the most interesting cars on the road, for a number of reasons. Look forward to meeting you all :-) 

Congratulations KBGr4 on your entry.

Hope you really enjoy the event and handle the stresses well.

Great father son time.

Id love to run in THC this year but cant.

Next year though....

Maybe we could run a PFA team!

That you Al or is it Kerry???

i just had to set the record straight when I saw the rubish about Tas on another thread.

Then I found this one and was waiting to see if anyone worked out the cars.

Will have the red car again for HC and looking forward to catching up with fellow Porsche Targa crews.

I am not sure but did you mention something about a new car for the HCT

Tis me HIS

i just had to set the record straight when I saw the rubish about Tas on another thread.

Then I found this one and was waiting to see if anyone worked out the cars.

Will have the red car again for HC and looking forward to catching up with fellow Porsche Targa crews.

I am not sure but did you mention something about a new car for the HCT

Tis me HIS

Hi Al, yes I looked at the cars & thought " I know who this is for sure". I was thinking new GT3 but every time I get in the S I just have another love moment for it. Say Hi to Kerry, see you there.

Hi Al, yes I looked at the cars & thought " I know who this is for sure". I was thinking new GT3 but every time I get in the S I just have another love moment for it. Say Hi to Kerry, see you there.

Did PCA send out any pictures from Tas? I sent mine to them and was wondering if they had been sent out.

Staying with the S would be a good idea unless you are into barbecues by the roadside.

Did PCA send out any pictures from Tas? I sent mine to them and was wondering if they had been sent out.

Staying with the S would be a good idea unless you are into barbecues by the roadside.

No, didn't get any pics from Tas. I caught up with Doris at eastern creek 2 weeks ago, appears our cars are going to be fitted with rally trac GPS monitoring devices, not sure how this will impact the event. Supposed to be 36 cars registered for HC.

No, didn't get any pics from Tas. I caught up with Doris at eastern creek 2 weeks ago, appears our cars are going to be fitted with rally trac GPS monitoring devices, not sure how this will impact the event. Supposed to be 36 cars registered for HC.

If they fit the GPS tracking I would prefer the new Sports Trophy class where you get to drive how you like with the only limit being 130kph as tracked by their GPS. No special car preperation like a cage etc but helmets required. Fitting all tour cars with the GPS seems a bit costly and excessive given we all go at the same speed as the tour leader or slower. I believe you have to rent the GPS control unit and purchase an installation kit that you have to fit to the car.

Looks like a max field for HC should be a good party.

Sent PM with link to some pictures.

If they fit the GPS tracking I would prefer the new Sports Trophy class where you get to drive how you like with the only limit being 130kph as tracked by their GPS. No special car preperation like a cage etc but helmets required. Fitting all tour cars with the GPS seems a bit costly and excessive given we all go at the same speed as the tour leader or slower. I believe you have to rent the GPS control unit and purchase an installation kit that you have to fit to the car.

Looks like a max field for HC should be a good party.

Sent PM with link to some pictures.

Al,

I'm not sure the GPS tracking thing is 100% for sure! just a comment made by one of the PCA crew while we discussing any potential fallout from Targa Tas. But I agree with you, maybe time to look at Sports Trophy or tour!

You just don't want to have big brother watching you Greg!

I'm actually entering the Hellyer Gorge event next year with a mate in the Sports Trophy, the GPS thing is included in the entry fee (rental) but you do have to buy the kit, relatively inexpensive and you can get a version with a suction mount to save a bracket being installed. It will enable the race control to see live feeds of your speed though, so with the tour being 'posted limits' you can see what the install of the units may lead to.....

Looking forward to the event next year, should be fun and a good taste, thinking of putting a removable GT3 style half cage/roll bar in the rear + seats etc for the event to see what its like with a bit more motorsport focus on the car setup.

Archived