The Benz Appreciation Thread

i can't imagine hydraulic windows or hydraulic seats are any fun to work on when something goes wrong

I noticed a Grosser RHD for auction on Ebay today - probably makes a 928 Resto look like chump change

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes-600-Grosser-1964-project-/221828380519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33a6007767

I noticed a Grosser RHD for auction on Ebay today - probably makes a 928 Resto look like chump change

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes-600-Grosser-1964-project-/221828380519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33a6007767

"Hydraulic has leak’s (Work required) set of new rebuild hydraulic door switches (cost 8500) included - still in the box for all doors"

Be afraid!

Note : "The car is currently stored in a container and actual pictures can be taken in a few days towards the end of the auction or on request"

Translation, we haven't dared show you what the car looks like right now, as it is sealed in a container.

A gentleman of high patience and the very deepest of pockets may apply.

These things are rare and expensive, can only see them going up too!

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/601601658/overview/?aff=aol

Now something slightly more sedate. This thing just keeps blowing me away with what it can do, I know it is a big heavy car and that I really wanted a Cayenne, but geez this thing flies! Traction in shite weather, as we are now getting, is phenomenal! Sounds great too! In love with my new MB :)

IMG_0644_zpsvzvlxtdw.jpg

IMG_0460_zpsvbt01ebr.jpg

The very rare coupe

studimercedesbba7165_zpsul8tlm0t.jpg

It is a little rarer than I thought!

"In 1966, a two door saloon was built on a shortened wheelbase. It was the so-called Nallinger
Coupé named after the leading development engineer, Professor Nallinger. Two coupés were built by
Mercedes Benz, one is still existing (located in Hamburg!)."

Pretty much name your own price!!

Some more W100 info too http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/others1/65mb/65mb.html

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful car, and so glad MW didnt hit it. Pretty sure Petrolicious did a feature video on a white one on Youtube. Saw an older lady driving the later 80's version coupla days ago, an SL maybe? (I have no idea what model) It badly needed a detail, or even just a wash, but it still had such a cool style to it

Pagodas are really cool , but so different from a similar era 911.  I'd have one in a heartbeat and if accosted , claim it was my wife's.T

They are pretty rare these days and from what I've seen they get plenty of attention, and of course all the ladies love them.

Up close they are an amazing style statement, everything about those early Benzes scream solidity and style. 

Couple of local+ mainland ones down this way a couple of years ago

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Beautiful car, and so glad MW didnt hit it. Pretty sure Petrolicious did a feature video on a white one on Youtube. Saw an older lady driving the later 80's version coupla days ago, an SL maybe? (I have no idea what model) It badly needed a detail, or even just a wash, but it still had such a cool style to it

I'd say would be an R107 SL

7911034024621963971_zpsgr0zqrhh.jpg

and not the R129 introduced in 1989....

DSC_90191_zpsoooid3ka.jpg

Styling of the Pagoda is lost on me, never warmed to it. Much prefer the 190 SL :) 

Mercedes-Benz-190_SL_Roadster_1955_1600x

You have a bit of a 60's Merc fetish there Tazzie ;)

Edited by ANF

Styling of the Pagoda is lost on me, never warmed to it. Much prefer the 190 SL :) 

You have a bit of a 60's Merc fetish there Tazzie ;)

Born in the 60s , and the pagoda was in my first car book :)

Of course the earlier roadster would be welcome . I've got 2 perfectly good kidneys i could sell...

When I was a tacker tired old pagodas were coming through the shop getting traded on r107s.  They weren't worth much then, being old and slow.  Years later Helped the old man deliver a new r129 which was traded on an r107.  After picking up the r 107, the passenger door handle was mangled.  PO had a terrier that rode shotgun and liked to chew the handle.  I guess it was like a big leather chew toy.