The Benz Appreciation Thread

True, but I don't think (prob has but can't recall...) Mercedes has before??

Perhaps not , but perhaps they are wise testing the water in very difficult markets before committing further. And if they do , expect a Porsche ute to follow, and an Aston...

Perhaps not , but perhaps they are wise testing the water in very difficult markets before committing further. And if they do , expect a Porsche ute to follow, and an Aston...

There is a story that they "leant" the basics of the first ML to Ssanyong for their mutant creation as a test bed......

If my boot carpet, tool kit and subfloor doodads continue to sh!t me...

I think you should buy one new, maintain it and keep the KM's low and then sell it to me after 3 years once you have taken a 60% MB depreciation hit

Owner 1 paid $230k for my 928 new in 1989, I paid $19k used in 2009.....

I think you should buy one new, maintain it and keep the KM's low and then sell it to me after 3 years once you have taken a 60% MB depreciation hit

Owner 1 paid $230k for my 928 new in 1989, I paid $19k used in 2009.....

That sounds like a really good idea.

I reckon they could be had now in the high hunges.  Sorta what my GTS is really worth...

Stupid question, there is only ONE 928

61,056, less the dead ones.

Still annoyed mate?

Edited by KGB

love that green Vantage, lot of car for $100k - but the interior......they remind me of a Hyundai, just awful, I guess it was the wash-over period from Ford

We are all different, I love it :D

It does look amazing and would be a great 928 alternative!

500HP - me likey

Our shopping car has that much!

A mate was once service manager at an AM dealership. AM, barge pole, you know the rest.

love that green Vantage, lot of car for $100k - but the interior......they remind me of a Hyundai, just awful, I guess it was the wash-over period from Ford

Edited by KGB

Our shopping car has that much!

Thats just blatant bragging

A mate was once service manager at an AM dealership. AM, barge pole, you know the rest.

I said I liked it, I didn't say that I wanted to own it; I have a mate with a Vantage, from memory a log book service usually runs around $4000 assuming nothing goes wrong. Every couple of services he has seemed to face a $5000-$10000 surprise....

• 3 months later...

New G, looks same as the old one but apparently lots new, lots of tech too. AMG helped with handling, so now better on road as well as staying same off road.....

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/new-cars/same-style-latest-tech-for-new-mercedesbenz-offroad-wagon/news-story/07fa24096ba1165bd8e97b220fbda20b.

66e3a75e7506fd1aca32b4353a4b519d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen, I have some magazines here that may interest someone on this thread.

I have 5 Mercedes Benz magazines called "in aller welt" and they are dated 1/90, 1/91, 2/91, 3/91 and 5/91

I also have magazines called "Mercedes". dated 2/92, 3/92 and 4/92

They are all in excellent condition and FREE to a good home.   Except for postage.

Postage probably in an Express post envelope for these would be around the $15.00 mark I think.

If your happy to do a direct transfer or a PayPal payment (preferred) I will gladly send them your way.

If they are not claimed within the next week, they will go where I believe all Mercs should go..:P.

The op shop or the bin.:ph34r:   

MERCEDES IN ALLER WELT

FIRST IN BEST DRESSED......