Aston love

• 1 year later...

I have a neighbour with a BRG DB6, nice thing it is too.  Drives it quite frequently.

How great to see these cars being driven and not just locked away in a collection, especially nice when you see an older couple in the car and I imagine all the memories they have driving it back in the day

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread...

Of late I have been hankering after something different to add to the garage and have been attracted to the updated Aston Martin Vantage F1 Edition which have been getting surprisingly good reviews overseas. A friend of mine has one in Europe alongside his 991 GTS and loves it.

At full retail, I would not touch one but there have been a few very, very low mileage's examples on car sales all priced in the $350-380K range...which when compared to any comparable 911 you can buy is looking pretty good value.  But in the last week or two, they have all sold. I think there is maybe some truth to the old "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" adage now that they are doing very well in F1.

56 minutes ago, WGA said:

Resurrecting an old thread...

Of late I have been hankering after something different to add to the garage and have been attracted to the updated Aston Martin Vantage F1 Edition which have been getting surprisingly good reviews overseas. A friend of mine has one in Europe alongside his 991 GTS and loves it.

At full retail, I would not touch one but there have been a few very, very low mileage's examples on car sales all priced in the $350-380K range...which when compared to any comparable 911 you can buy is looking pretty good value.  But in the last week or two, they have all sold. I think there is maybe some truth to the old "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" adage now that they are doing very well in F1.

Had to go see what that is, not an Aston fan generally.  The cynic in me says it's a C63S in drag.  But it gets decent reviews and is probably a good alternative to a 992 GTS which, while a great car, doesn't look as flash.

But that interior, wow, looks like a 90s Mondeo with an aftermarket infotainment screen and a square steering wheel.  

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/2022-aston-martin-vantage-f1-review/

Agree the interior is not good....but I am not an interior or tech guy. In my 992, I have not yet tried to use any of the so called toys, and indeed, I haven't event turned on the radio or used the hifi. As long as a car has sat nav, that's all I need. 

Whereas the performance and track reviews of the Aston are good. And from very credible reviewers - Catchpole and Sutcliffe.