1990 964 C4 Melbourne

poli84

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next - Coloured crest :) 

Agreed but have you seen the prices of a set of these? Around $200! My idea to have some cheap temporary fun with the D90's has turned into a rather expensive exercise with four wheels refurbished and now four new tyres! Plus, I just got the caps colour matched.

OK, that first set you posted is cheaper than I had thought... you're making me spend more money. I'll see how it looks with the silver crests but I might need to make this happen. 

Poli, who did your wheel refurb?

I take them out to a place in MItcham called Thornton Smash Repairs. I've had 4 sets of wheels done by them over the years. 

They're just a panel beater but they do them for $60 cash a wheel. As I said above, it's not a concourse job but they fix any kerb rash you might have give them a good paint. I've had the odd paint run in the past or some overspray but for $60 a wheel, I've never complained or have they been bas enough for me not to be happy. 

Really happy with the job they have done recently though, best lot to date. 

If you use them, strip the tyres, valve stems and wheel weights. Oh and they don't do the inside of the wheel unless you ask (might be more for that). 

OK I fitted the D90's on Friday afternoon. Mixed feelings at the moment but they are growing on me. The rears especially need a spacer so researching the best path for this as I feel it looks awkward at the moment being lowered and such a high offset (wheels are sitting too far in the guard).

But took the car and its brand new Bridgestone RE003s for a drive to mount Donna Buang on Saturday morning (great bit of road that, never driven it before) and it was excellent even in the damp conditions. Was greeted wth snowfall at the top of the mountain which was pretty cool! Tyres are ace, very grippy in the wet.

E173B372-756D-4E8F-9636-FBC7D28F6F37_zps

39C09793-A9A9-4B65-99F8-192BDEE2CB35_zps

580AC422-0380-47AB-9906-A65CDDFA2D8E_zps

BEBEFA56-07A9-449E-AF09-3778A23002F6_zps

OK I fitted the D90's on Friday afternoon. Mixed feelings at the moment but they are growing on me. The rears especially need a spacer so researching the best path for this as I feel it looks awkward at the moment being lowered and such a high offset (wheels are sitting too far in the guard).

But took the car and its brand new Bridgestone RE003s for a drive to mount Donna Buang on Saturday morning (great bit of road that, never driven it before) and it was excellent even in the damp conditions. Was greeted wth snowfall at the top of the mountain which was pretty cool! Tyres are ace, very grippy in the wet.

E173B372-756D-4E8F-9636-FBC7D28F6F37_zps

39C09793-A9A9-4B65-99F8-192BDEE2CB35_zps

580AC422-0380-47AB-9906-A65CDDFA2D8E_zps

BEBEFA56-07A9-449E-AF09-3778A23002F6_zps

Shhh.. Don't tell anyone about the driving around here!!!

I saw you in town on Saturday (we've got a place down here) - the car looked great :) 

D90's on a 964? 

Perfect!

Thanks Peter, once they are set up correctly I think I will agree. The Cup I's are hard to beat but this could be close for me. I do love that you don't see many 964s running D90's anymore.

They are perfect.  Get some spacers on there and they'll be even more perfectererrer.

Thanks Tit, finding the right spacers without changing to longer lugs is proving difficult but I am hoping the H&R DRM 15mm bolt on spacers will be correct and available. I've got a few more visual changes in the head so hopefully it all comes together soon enough!

Shhh.. Don't tell anyone about the driving around here!!!

I saw you in town on Saturday (we've got a place down here) - the car looked great :) 

Thanks very much mate, was this in Warburton? Driving aside, I absolutely love that part of the word. It was a very special sight on Saturday morning. Thick tree coverage, green hills, heavy fog and the rain made for a pretty impressive visual and emotive sight. 

The meat pies at the Warburton bakery are also one of my favourites and I like to think of myself as a bit of a connoisseur haha

Thanks very much mate, was this in Warburton? Driving aside, I absolutely love that part of the word. It was a very special sight on Saturday morning. Thick tree coverage, green hills, heavy fog and the rain made for a pretty impressive visual and emotive sight. 

The meat pies at the Warburton bakery are also one of my favourites and I like to think of myself as a bit of a connoisseur haha

Yeah we've got a place in Warburton, its a great spot- Little Joe do a great bite as well.

We mainly spend time down here cycling or taking the cars for a run.  

If the RE003's are anything like the RE001's and RE002's i had, then they'll be amazing bang for buck and probably a really impressive improvement over the 002's. For tyres which are just for street, it's almost like some employee secretly wants them for track at Bridgestone.

This month Bridgestone Select outlets are offering $100 off on a set of 4 so I bought a set of RE003's for my c3.2 for $554.  Good and cheap to boot!  also good range of widths available for 16" rims

This month Bridgestone Select outlets are offering $100 off on a set of 4 so I bought a set of RE003's for my c3.2 for $554.  Good and cheap to boot!  also good range of widths available for 16" rims

That's a great price for a set of tyres.

That's a great price for a set of tyres.

That's what got me over the line with RE003s.

Donnelans in Collingwood was doing the $100 off so got 205/55/16 and 225/50/60 fitted and balanced for $570.

Was very happy with that and am very happy with the tyres. Agreed about the levels of grip although I haven't explored any more than the above and in pretty horrible conditions. Looking forward to becoming more acquainted with them. If they continue to impress, I may end up going with these for my 17" cups too instead of the Michelin PS2s i am currently planning.

Those Aeros gotta go if the D90s gonna stay.:ph34r:

It's a job on the list, have the flag's wrapped up nicely and ready to be installed, just need the time to get the job done. 

I may end up going with these for my 17" cups too instead of the Michelin PS2s i am currently planning.

It cost me $1200 to put PS2's on my 17" Cup II's last year.  I'm really impressed with PS2's but if the RE003's turn out just as good for about half the price I won't complain!

Archived