If I was to build a Hotrod It would..

au-yt

This thread is for those building owning and fantasising about personalised Porsches.

The Idea is purly for sharing thoughts and ideas , links to other stories and generaly agreeable discussion,

For me I got back into Porsches because of Magnus and I blame him for a recient very rash decision.

My Hotrod is as light as posible long bonnet, Im leaning to 30itr RSR or RUF body work.

Built on a platform that is based on a converted car and engine swap would love Mechanical injection or carbs. 915 box, box plenty of ratios. I quite like this but a little more liveable.

BBi Autosport's Ultra-Light "Project Nasty" Porsche 911

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea for a thread au-yt.

Really sorry that we could not meet up at Motorclassica where I could have introduced you to the PFA locals.  Unfortunately I didn't make the decision to go until quite late.

The hotrod you talk about sounds like the r-gruppe style car.  They look retro cool and as you say light light light.  Unfortunately for me the prices of long-bonnets seem to have gotten away a bit and therefore making a basis for a hotrod a bit more expansive.

For me the budget would not be unlimited.  Ideally a C 3.o base, but more realistically now a SC pricing.  I would prefer matching number (LHD/RHD) that could be returned to delivery spec if required/desired.  Mods would include strip out any excess weight to make as light as possible inc interior trim, aircon, radio, sunroof (?), factory seats to fixed back seats; lowered suspension, wider wheels and tyres; change to lightweight more aggressive looking fibreglass front bumper; and add harness and half roll cage; and stickers rather than paint job for looks.

Ha, I've been thinking about this topic for a while actually.

For me...

- wide body impact bumper

- big dish fuchs wheels

- at least 3.2 but possibly 3.6 engine

- big, bright colour - probably a bright metallic blue

- nice early turbo tail

- nicely executed custom leather interior in bright red or tan (depending on outside colour) with lots of sound deadening and nice touches like LED lighting and milled aluminium surfaces (kind of Singer but not quite so retro)

- uprated AC

- uprated brakes/suspension etc

- my own shipping company and a pile of cash so I could ship it around the world and drive interesting roads.

The concept would be a take on the quintessential 80s custom porsche - what some crass bloke would have ordered with his stock market winnings.  But fast and with a few modern niceties.

This thread makes me sick......................to think such un-holy Porsche thoughts.  :D

I already have my pet hodrod project 'impact bumper' somewhat complete  :ph34r: and I'm thinking my next one will look something like this;

12471249325_a7c7e2e80f_b_zps596fae1e.jpg

I'm just waiting for the first person to mention RWB and get shot down!  :lol:

This.

What did you think of magnus' SC?

I like the concept which is very doable as it has a value for money aspect but I am not that fond of the missmatch of colours. He has a silver coloured car which looks very hunkered down and purposfull. Thats why I like the BBi car.

Graeme

OR this.... 69 with a GT3 Cup motor transplanted, radiators and all!

6278431587_3aa148cafe_b_d.jpg

Wow, that's mad. If I ever bin my car on the track (touch wood hope I don't!) now I know what I'll do with the bits........

When I had the 964, I had a fleeting thought about hot rodding it but it would only devalue it and probably too heavy, need a bantam weight to start with.

Still think this is the coolest hot rod I've seen. Puuuurrrrrfect!

Simple, clean and if you skipped the Kevlar front guards, probably almost affordable to build.

Just need to find a ratty imported G series with bright window frames......

Still think this is the coolest hot rod I've seen. Puuuurrrrrfect!Simple, clean and if you skipped the Kevlar front guards, probably almost affordable to build.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAY5fRglsb4Just need to find a ratty imported G series with bright window frames......

820kg.......! That would be a spritely thing with say 250hp

Much better to add lightness rather than horsepower to make a car fun.

Do it! :P

I will one day...

For now my priorities are somewhat in this order:

1) Tune up engine issues (maybe rebuild if need be),

2) Re-build gearbox and upgrade linkages and mounts

3) tune up and upgrade suspension,

4) Clean up and tart up interior

5) Sort out electrical's and upgrade lighting

6) Re-do bodywork maybe convert to ST look if I am still keen.

Lots of fun to be had with my 'Hot Rod' over the years to come, thats why I love it so much, there are no rules!

Archived