If I was to build a Hotrod It would..

au-yt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something like this (although i can only imagine how many hours would be in making a body even similar to this render) in the same colour, with similar wheels, maybe different rear valance but similar wing shape, and rear windows. with some variety of 3.6 turbo with EFI and managed up the kazoo. Still with aircon and a level of luxury inside though

Porsche-959-Render-Moby-Dick-Shanin-Igor

or, same sort of engine setup in a signal green slantnose similar to below (or go all out with a GT Racing 935 kit and try and get it road registered)

porsche_slant.jpg

If I was to build another hotrod (and had a self-replenishing bank account!) it would...be much the same except taken a further:

Either:

- 964 C2 backdated to 1974 3.0RSR 

- <cough> hyundai </cough> "stone blue" paint. Think Gulf blue but satin finish

- black period-style 5 spoke wheels but 18"

- Carbon panels, hood, decklid

- 400hp 3.8 with GT3 crank, Ti rods, GT3 plenum over ITBs, billet heads 

- sequeuntial 'box

or this in black with above spec:

image001-1.jpg

Still think this is the coolest hot rod I've seen. Puuuurrrrrfect!

Simple, clean and if you skipped the Kevlar front guards, probably almost affordable to build.

Just need to find a ratty imported G series with bright window frames......

I love everything about this car except for one thing.  Was anyone else wondering if his windscreen was totally fogged up now that he doesn't have a heater??

Also - love that he's wearing a Deus shirt!

On a more modest budget I thought the Magnus SC was spot on.

Agreed. 

Now that I have my 964, I can't help but think of my next project which will be a hotrod IB car.

MW's SC build is a great inspiration.

My list:

Stripped out interior but with beautiful and thought out finishings, must have checkered seats

Half cage

3.0 motor with obvious work done

IROC bumpers with a garish 70's paint job

Twin centre exit pee shooter tail pipes

Black centre Fuchs and semi slicks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, am new to this forum and am about to backdate an 86 3.2 with Zag Automotive - (John did the blue ST at the start of this thread)and have always thought I would copy the Nebraska car with just the stock Carrera guards and 8 and 9 " x 16 wheels

(Not sure if this photo is going to work)

imagejpg3_zps16872a72.jpg

But then have seen the hotrods, and love those too - like this ex Magnus one

imagejpg5_zpsd7b73739.jpg

or this retro thing - something about it - keep coming back to it

imagejpg13_zps98855481.jpg

too many options - just wonder if I'd get sick of the burnt orange, but then is the white too safe?

Yeah thanks can't wait

The price for mine will be between $75-80k I think with original 3.2 euro and 915 box and original carrera arches - full strip down and refurb which I think is pretty good.

Once you start changing the panels - particularly the ST it moves up and a lot of his customers drop in a 3.6 and G50 because they track them so can go nuts but I think the euro with an exhaust upgrade and chip should be fine for me

Check his website he just did an awesome martini racing replica earlier this year- fantastic work- he is so passionate. He's got a black 930 donor there as well which was tempting....I've become obsessed and I think I would like a couple of Porsches eventually!

Will upload photos as I get them in the hotrod section

Yeah it does - check the website - gives a whole list of what they do for the re-build - full strip to bare metal respray, new interior, lights, seals, wheels, tyres, etc and then you can spec it as high as you want

The cars look brand new, he does a lot of body work for Hamiltons Autohaus? I think.

He's also doing a Singer Replica for a Melbourne guy at the moment off a C4 donor for North of $120k I think he said - but that's a lot of bodywork and fully loaded - I saw the donor before he started, and it looked

beautiful as it was with only 30k's on the clock!

But he can only import pre 89 now unless the customer provides the car.

They are good blokes (George his brother is partner there too)go and check them out - they love talking Porsches.

Yeah it does - check the website - gives a whole list of what they do for the re-build - full strip to bare metal respray, new interior, lights, seals, wheels, tyres, etc and then you can spec it as high as you want

The cars look brand new, he does a lot of body work for Hamiltons Autohaus? I think.

He's also doing a Singer Replica for a Melbourne guy at the moment off a C4 donor for North of $120k I think he said - but that's a lot of bodywork and fully loaded - I saw the donor before he started, and it looked

beautiful as it was with only 30k's on the clock!

But he can only import pre 89 now unless the customer provides the car.

They are good blokes (George his brother is partner there too)go and check them out - they love talking Porsches.

Wonder what this one cost...

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2014/05/martini-rsr-911

Archived