If I was to build a Hotrod It would..

au-yt

Yeah thanks can't wait

The price for mine will be between $75-80k I think with original 3.2 euro and 915 box and original carrera arches - full strip down and refurb which I think is pretty good.

Once you start changing the panels - particularly the ST it moves up and a lot of his customers drop in a 3.6 and G50 because they track them so can go nuts but I think the euro with an exhaust upgrade and chip should be fine for me

Check his website he just did an awesome martini racing replica earlier this year- fantastic work- he is so passionate. He's got a black 930 donor there as well which was tempting....I've become obsessed and I think I would like a couple of Porsches eventually!

Will upload photos as I get them in the hotrod section

no engine rebuild?

do you know yet what you're doing for suspension, brakes, exhaust and interior?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That martini looks fantastic

Sorry I'm not really mechanically minded but at this stage I think I am just going to do the cat bypass a new muffler and a new chip from what I've read and what John said that gives you best bang for your buck seems that the one out muffler is quieter but do you get more power from the two out?- the fabspeed clip with the cat delete and muffler bypass sounds awesome but might be too loud for the neighbours? Too many options

Suspension have no idea I think it has bilstein shocks- but do they deteriorate?

Interior will be RS with a vdm steering wheel- Paul Stevens just did a backdate featured in total 911 - pearlescent white with a chocolate brown interior which was pretty cool

I think mine would be along the lines of a backdated coupe post SC. 3.0 with a big bore kit,carbs & cams, polished Fuchs, either antique white or an accent colour, & with a nice note.

How do you reckon bobbed rear guards would look?

If only I could afford it.

pearlescent white with a chocolate brown interior which was pretty cool

which begs the question - what colour are you doing yours?

cat delete and muffler bypass will be too loud for everyone, not just the neighbours! - either get some headers and a 2 in 1 out monty muffler, or keep the standard heat exchangers and add a fabspeed "euro pre muffler" and monty 1 in 1 out. Extra power from a 2 out would be negligible and a tad louder but look cool

suspension - yes they do deteriorate so get them checked out. Loads of options depending on budget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The martini car is a great piece of work and I know that the zag brothers spent a lot of time getting the colours and sticketing correct. The work is brilliant, I think the cost was in the region of $120k plus and he has had offers of $150k. It is a very very nice piece of kit.

The car is an exact replica of the Porsche Museum car, perfect colours, perfect sticker replication. Unfortunately after so much painstaking effort they have made a perfect copy of a fake. Porsche has had that car on display since 1974 as the "1973 Targa Florio winning Carrera RSR", it has also toured the world displayed as such. Unfortunately a 30 second google comparison to the period photos shows the winner was in different Martini livery. After a 40 year lie Porsche withdrew the car from display and their historic department restored it to its proper (and yet again a completely different Martini livery) as the 1973 third place getter, itself a very significant historical race car. Not Porsches finest hour.

The Zag RSR car is still a great looking bit of kit though.

That was at the PCNSW concours. Was as good in real life as the photos!i-8pPP4Sm.jpgi-2BfVPxJ.jpgi-DKFxXVz.jpg

Yes the are 17 inch. Zag have them made locally as a welded two piece I believe. They get custom offsets to fill the guards properly. They are the same width as the original RSR at 11 inch and 9 inch, but obviously a tyre friendly 17 vs the original 15 inch rims. Points off for originality but does make finding replacement rubber more practical.

I am not sure what I like better. I think Al has 15 inch braids on his IMSA and has tracked down huge high profile 15 inch rubber that looks great.

• 1 year later...

Archived