Luxorallying

tazzieman

Irish rallying, whats not to like ! 

Classic Porsche did a track test a couple of years ago with a 911 and the 928 and at that time the likes of Dessie Nutt (long time Irish rally guru)  came out and said the 928 was the easier car to drive ! Just not the most obvious choice of tarmac  (or gravel) rally  car.

Certainly seemed to be pushing it along, understand why they run lightweight sump guards. Lots of suspension bottoming out from the sounds of it , and a few crew comments.

Nice video.

All I can add is that in corners where I am required to brake in my 911 , I do not need to in the 928. Sometimes I even place both hands on the wheel  :)

I love those Irish country lane rallys. I wish our country lanes were as well sealed (and empty)

All I can add is that in corners where I am required to brake in my 911 , I do not need to in the 928. Sometimes I even place both hands on the wheel  :)

I love those Irish country lane rallys. I wish our country lanes were as well sealed (and empty)

Perhaps you need to get off the island and sample some mainland tracks, er, I mean roads ;)

Perhaps you need to get off the island and sample some mainland tracks, er, I mean roads ;)

Says a man who's never driven a 928 in anger  ;)

Roads here are just fine. Better than the H982FKL roads in Argentina and Chile, and great for luxorallying.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived