Nik's widebody 3.2

I put a Monty muffler and a Wong chip in my '85 at the same time. Have absolutely no objective measure on what did what and by how much. Just made it a bit noisier and more willing and even nicer to drive.

Was it worth the money? Objectively of course not but logic doesn't come into this!

Sorry I haven't helped you at all.....

Niko0o,

Still running the Monty and the Wong chip and have no intentions of reinstalling the standard equipment as it is just perfect how it is.

With your set up I thought your car was an '85 too so it wouldn't have a catalytic converter, just a premuffler.

Niko0o,Still running the Monty and the Wong chip and have no intentions of reinstalling the standard equipment as it is just perfect how it is.With your set up I thought your car was an '85 too so it wouldn't have a catalytic converter, just a premuffler.

Yeah sorry, with the chip, did you end up putting it on a dyno and tune it, or did you just reset the ECU? Also, did you have to mod the ECU to fit the chip

• 2 months later...

The Carrera has been in and out of the body shop for the past few months (going back in a few weeks to get a few more things done). so far; passenger side door, window sills, rear wing and boot, front bumper and rear beaver panel and a few other things have been painted. Managed to give it a detail. Needs another one IMO so hopefully next month or so l'll be doing it again. So far l'm pretty happy with the car, love driving it

IMG_6997_zpsnh8drky3.jpg

Yeah sorry, with the chip, did you end up putting it on a dyno and tune it, or did you just reset the ECU? Also, did you have to mod the ECU to fit the chip

Sorry Niko, only just saw your question.

I just installed the chip myself as they are designed to be ready to go with no further changes necessary. The existing chip just unplugs from the board and the new one plugs in its place.  Haven't had it on a dyno so can't advise of the RWHP.

But I can confirm it is nice to drive! :D

Sorry Niko, only just saw your question.

I just installed the chip myself as they are designed to be ready to go with no further changes necessary. The existing chip just unplugs from the board and the new one plugs in its place.  Haven't had it on a dyno so can't advise of the RWHP.

But I can confirm it is nice to drive! :D

Na, no problem 

ah ok, yeah someone told me that the ecu might need to be modified for it to be fitted. 

Thanks for that info, defiantly going to be looking into it. 

• 6 years later...

Wow, how time fly’s… 7 years ownership and have since bought a few more things for the car since the last time I posted (6 years ago lol) so here some things that got done over the years…

managed to find some 16x8 16x9 Fuchs to fill in the guards, managed to find an original steering wheel for it too. Currently on a hunt to find an original eurovox radio for it (joystick one). That’s my next mission to find… hopefully…

CCFF5DC8-E29A-4E2C-BB75-F7FD4D67A0A1.jpeg

4318AC74-BFBF-42C2-8DE1-C1AD3CC67163.jpeg

9F20512C-25C3-4238-8540-C3FC3C70B517.jpeg

8CAAA0B8-45FA-41E3-8334-6FF9B017DD94.jpeg

8 hours ago, Doish13 said:

Hi Nik did we meet on one of the Canberra weekend cruises about 5 years ago or more? If so so glad you still have the car. Has an incredible stance in the flesh and here.

Unfortunately not, wouldn’t have been me.

I don’t take the car out as often as I would lol

Hi Nick

My widebody project says Helo from Melb. and wishes you both good luck in finding those original parts. Big hips rule!!! The Kardashians of A/C coupes.

How time changes!  - Similar to your pretty 911 my red project was going to be an IROC tribute with its Wong chipped 3.6 . Now it is a very loud road car that my neighbours (& wifey) hate. & I now wish I had not sold off or given away lots of original bits like S wheel & radio.

1225788560_911IROCtribute.thumb.jpg.acfaa739a619ddcb8d2e562ba6a42226.jpg  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Newest addition to the 911. Picked up some Pole Positions and fitted them. Car was uncomfortable to drive long distances, would get back aches and constantly sweating. These make the car feel so much better to drive. Stock seats weighed 29.3kg each!! (Recaros came in at 7ishkg) which is also a plus. Also have a numeric short shifter on the way which should help improve shifting (constantly having to lean forward going into 1st, 3rd) 

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

4 hours ago, Niko0o said:

Newest addition to the 911. Picked up some Pole Positions and fitted them. Car was uncomfortable to drive long distances, would get back aches and constantly sweating. These make the car feel so much better to drive. Stock seats weighed 29.3kg each!! (Recaros came in at 7ishkg) which is also a plus. Also have a numeric short shifter on the way which should help improve shifting (constantly having to lean forward going into 1st, 3rd) 

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

I’m after some Pole Positions for mine, does the seatbelt feel ok with them?

Nice. I have Sparco Evo's in mine and with the addition of a nicely placed, folded microfibre behind the cushion for lumbar support, they are super comfy. I did 8 solid days from Sydney all around Tassie as well as trips to Adelaide and a bunch to Melbourne and I have no compaints. The 'worst' part is they are slightly more difficult to get in and out of, but it really doesn't bother me. 

1 hour ago, Yellowbird said:

I’m after some Pole Positions for mine, does the seatbelt feel ok with them?

As in how they click in? Feels the same when it had the standard seats in 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Nice. I have Sparco Evo's in mine and with the addition of a nicely placed, folded microfibre behind the cushion for lumbar support, they are super comfy. I did 8 solid days from Sydney all around Tassie as well as trips to Adelaide and a bunch to Melbourne and I have no compaints. The 'worst' part is they are slightly more difficult to get in and out of, but it really doesn't bother me. 

Oh wow. That’s good. I’m used to bucks seats with my other car. Not too difficult getting in and out of 

• 2 weeks later...

To add to the “mod list”. I ordered, a few weeks ago, and new shifter/new shift linkage. What a mission…. Had to remove the seats to make it easier. Rear shift linkage was flogged and had a lot of play (which would explain why the gear shifter had a lot of play). I’ve yet to take it for a drive. Have a few other things on the way as-well. 

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_0948.jpeg