Low Km 993 wanted...will pay top $$$

mqc993

I thought i might give it a go...i am a private buyer with a genuine love for the 993. After owning two 993's previously i am now after another low km 993. Not too fussy with colour combo, manual would be good but not essential but very low kms is on the top of my list. It will not be a daily driver hence i am happy to pay top dollar for the right low km car.

cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. low kms...say 50,000 or less. I sold my 97 carrera C2S with only 23,000km on it two years ago and my 96 carrera C2 with 50,000 km on it 5 years ago Hence I havent slept well for five years! So....am I dreaming to think I may come across an exceptional low km car again???

Cheers

For me personally I have had two awesome experiences with my extra low km cars. started and driven weekly (obviously short distances) I honestly never had a problem. that said, youre right, its a machine and needs to be driven. Out of interest can I ask for the details/specs of your 993?

Just from what I have seen around, I would consider a low km 993 to have around 90 ish km on the clock now. I know of four on the forum with those sort of Km's and they are all driven monthly or so and all in very good condition. Mine being one them :) it had 77k on the clock when I bought it and now has 92k in 6 and half years of ownership......

I guess there are some out there somewhere with lower km's but not sure that would bother me too much if the car was in good condition with a good history.

For me personally I have had two awesome experiences with my extra low km cars. started and driven weekly (obviously short distances) I honestly never had a problem. that said, youre right, its a machine and needs to be driven. Out of interest can I ask for the details/specs of your 993?

Mine is just a plain 1994 C2.  Black on Black.  Tip.  Approx 132k at last look.  Car is in Brisbane (as I am, too)

Actually, it's not that plain.   It was the second 993 produced which was sent to Australia.   It came on the first boat into Aus, and it is a Nov 1993 build.  It has the earlier door trim prior to the spec being set for Australia.   it has had a full engine rebuild as the PFA members will vouch for, and it is now a wonderful little car.   I love it and my two boys love it (but we seem to love the 72T just a little bit more at the moment).

Just from what I have seen around, I would consider a low km 993 to have around 90 ish km on the clock now. I know of four on the forum with those sort of Km's and they are all driven monthly or so and all in very good condition. Mine being one them :) it had 77k on the clock when I bought it and now has 92k in 6 and half years of ownership......

I guess there are some out there somewhere with lower km's but not sure that would bother me too much if the car was in good condition with a good history.

Yeah 90k sounds biggish but when you annualise on a 20 yo car gives a very small annual mileage.

I can't recall many 993's of any flavour with that low mileage. One GT2 and maybe two TT's.

I think your search is very very optimistic....but hey, worth asking the question I suppose. There was a 25,000kms SC at Autohaus before Christmas so anything is possible!

My other observation.....if you find one you'll go close to breaking all market records for what you'll pay for it.

• 5 weeks later...

One month on from my post and no offers of 993's for sale put forward. I am new to the forum but have done a lot of reading around the site. I have read a 993tt changed hands off the market no so long ago...do i have to do my time before someone might offer me something before it goes to the market or is it simply time to change my search from a 993 to a 997???

Mqc.... You have probably filtered yourself out of the market. Low km cars are hard to find.

It's nothing personal.

Make me an offer of mine if you want a 130k rebuilt car

Or try chris993 for a 90k original car.

I have seen a few on carsales with higher ks

I know the 993tt was not offered for sale, and it was hunted down by the buyer. Maybe start hunting all the 993 owners you can find here and elsewhere

Thanks Chris...I will re-visit your offer. Is the wanted section the only place to put my request on this forum or should I post in other areas like 'air cooled' or??? I dont want to annoy other users by posting in the wrong spot. Thanks again.

I would guess that all the sub 90k owners read your original message(chris993 did). 5 I think in this ascending price market, and owners with your requirement will be quite tight fisted. I am only considering selling due to my new love affair with a 72

Post in wanted, and and be prepared to wait and I still suggest contacting owners directly. I that's how I got my 72.....12 months of photos calls and emails and paying a premium

Good luck

Wanting a sub-100,000km 993?

Unless you are particularly lucky I think you may be in for a long wait but I'm sure it would be worth the wait if your really want one. I waited 9 months for my slightly higher mileage one with no regrets.

However if you would be equally happy with a 997, that's a much more easily achieved goal and you probably have a very wide choice of cars right now.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, its turned up...just not in my garage!

1997 993 C2S black on black, manual and only 45k kms.

Although I would happily pay a premium, I cant pay near the asking price of $185k!!!

Thoughts?

I have been watching the market for about 6 years.

I think I might have seen around 4x 993 C2S manuals come on the market in that time; and one had been converted from a tipper. Funnily enough the person who had the convert found an original to replace the convert.

In that time they moved within a week...and that was before this boom.

IMHO a 80/90k car would have moved for about $120k 3 years ago. This car has lower mileage and the market has moved a lot since then. So figure.

There are potential issues for really low mileage cars that have not been stored/maintained correctly.

So its not just me is it? I will make contact with the owner and try to stay in the loop. I have bought and sold lots of cars and have never been accused of 'tyre kicking' so i dont want to start now. I just didnt think this was where the market is. Im so gutted to see that price knowing I have convinced myself that when a car like this came on the market, I would just buy it!

That's the thing, with so few of these cars available on the market it's hard to compare values. I'm guessing there is someone out there who will pay a premium for this car, just a question of how long until someone does.

Archived